Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How open case? CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD

Greetings,

I'm looking for tips or tricks to open up the case of this UPS. It's a CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD. I've got the front and back and top covers off, batteries out, and the seam along the top of the case has all the catches released.

On the bottom seam, only one catch is visible, it looks like there are at least two more that are hidden. I'd like to open this case up to check for bad caps on the circuit board (fault code F03 - charging circuit not working).

The real trick is that I want to be able to close the case again, without using non-factory parts like screws and a patch.

Re: How open case? CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD

Did you check under labels and such? Bastards love to hide screws that way. Feel your way through the stickers with a finger. If not, force is gonna be your friend here most likely.

Comment

Good idea, only one sticker. No screw.

Comment

Let 'er rip then!

Comment

I'm going to keep researching, try to find a non-destructive way to open up the case. I may try a putty knife to pry at the places at the seam where I think the catches are hidden.

I am really hoping that someone has BTDT and can tell me how to proceed.

Comment

Success! Carefully examining the bottom seam, I noticed three areas where the color of the black plastic changed ever so slightly. They had a length about the same as the one visible catch, so I tried with a putty knife to put pressure on them so they would open in the same manner as the visible catch. Once I had two out of three release, the case wanted to open up like a clamshell and then the third came free.

Comment

Here are some pictures.

One is the entire half of the case with the board and transformer, rear cover.

Next are a couple closer pix of the hidden latches, showing the male and female parts.
              Attached Files

Comment

After prying open my own CP1500PFCLCD (and breaking all my tabs), I've figured out how you're supposed to open up this UPS.

1. Remove battery. (Watch a battery replacement video for visual guidance.)
                1a. Unscrew 2 screws at bottom of case
                1b. Slide front panel and disconnect batteries
                2. Loosen rear panel
                2a. Unscrew 6 screws from rear panel
                2b. Lightly pull rear panel to loosen. You will not be able to fully remove the panel because wires do not have much slack.
                3. Remove top plate
                3a. Slide top plate towards rear
                3b. Lift top plate up and remove
                4. Unlock clamshell
                4a. Look at the top of the unit. You should now see two tabs near the center. Push tabs in and separate left and right halves of the case. There might also be a tab at the front of the unit.

Comment

Thank you and Maxbumpo for this info. Helped me taking apart mine and appreciate you taking the time & trouble to post it.

Comment

What is the issue with this battery backup
                    9 PC LCD Monitor
                    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                    1 Dell Mother Board
                    15 Computer Power Supply
                    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
                    X