X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad PSU shutting down my PC

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
    Nope

But an esr meter is an excellent investment. You can find on ebay at very low price.
    I search ESR meter tester:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/Electrical-T...tester&_sop=12

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

i have a same issue.
      My pc is shutting down suddenly.it's the PSU issue. That's obvious.i 've tested.

There is no blown caps in it.

but i desolder biggest couple of caps.

They must be 820 mF.
      one is 720mF other 650 mF.

are they reason of shutting?
      Last edited by mikail13; 07-26-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

After 4 days away home, I turned on my PC yesterday and after several hours running it didn't turn off. I didn't use a hair dryer on PSU, I only turned it on and no problems until now.
        Maybe after 4 days of resting my PSU fixed itself
        Should I still look for bad caps on it?

Edit: It did shut down a few minutes after I post here.
        Last edited by rogerazambuja; 08-05-2015, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Yeah I would still look for bad caps. It sounds like that's what the issue is. Teapo has a high likelihood of failing without showing symptoms.

Comment

If the PC is reseting during load, and heating the PSU temporarily fixes the issue, then capacitors are the most probable culprit. Just replace the capacitors on the secondary side with equvalent long life ones with at least 105°C rating. Manufacturer put a bunch of wires over them blocking the airflow and overheating them, causing them to prematurely fail.

Comment

Seems like the platform in Chieftec I recently wrote article 'bout http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/r...c-cft-750-14c/ Bad caps…
              Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
              Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by AkumAone View Post
                If the PC is reseting during load, and heating the PSU temporarily fixes the issue, then capacitors are the most probable culprit. Just replace the capacitors on the secondary side with equvalent long life ones with at least 105°C rating. Manufacturer put a bunch of wires over them blocking the airflow and overheating them, causing them to prematurely fail.
                Not necessarily during load, it happens usually a few minutes after boot. I will test the capacitors on the secondary side soon. Unfortunately I don't have a capacimeter, but I will try to borrow one.

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                Seems like the platform in Chieftec I recently wrote article 'bout http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/r...c-cft-750-14c/ Bad caps…
                Looking the pictures I would say it is the same PSU.

Comment

Working...
                X