pc power and cooling turbo cool 1kw-sr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pc power and cooling turbo cool 1kw-sr

got 2 of these for recycling.teapo caps are the problem.
    i deployed some of these new and they were $500 units.
    one was working fine on a psu tester with a 4700@16 on one of the +12 rails whistling like a teakettle!
    these will get a full rebuild.several more are coming my way soon.
    Attached Files

Re: pc power and cooling turbo cool 1kw-sr

I guess it goes to show that good design only does so much to improve the live of the caps (and why I don't regard Teapo that highly).
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
      I guess it goes to show that good design only does so much to improve the live of the caps (and why I don't regard Teapo that highly).
      Well, Delta and Newton do manage to substantially prolong the lifespan of Ltec and Taicon in their power supplies, so good design definitely means something. Teapo are just undoubted junk, not much better than Fuhjyyu and CapXon really. It probably doesn't help that it's a 1000W unit with 72A on the +12V rail, so the computer powering it was probably +12V heavy to put it in one manner? I don't imagine the Hermei are in much better condition.

Comment

Capxon is worse than Fuhjyyu and Teapo. I see them failing all the time.

Comment

Is that SC or SM series?
          The SC Series is rated for just 2k hours, so it's not that bad...

Though you don't know how much the cap was stressed...

Comment

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
            Capxon is worse than Fuhjyyu and Teapo. I see them failing all the time.
            Teapo are less likely to show signs of failure than Fuhjyyu and CapXon. IMO, that's the difference between them. I'd only trust all three brands in the voltage doubler and that's only because ESR isn't critical in that application. Just my opinion, of course.

Originally posted by Stefan Payne View Post
            Is that SC or SM series?

Though you don't know how much the cap was stressed...
            SC series, I'd guess. Both series are actually rated up to 3,000 hours.
            Last edited by Wester547; 07-19-2015, 11:46 AM.

Comment

4700/16 sc.
              thats a bit of a hotspot there with limited/no airflow.
              all the 2200/16 on the modules were 1.x to 2 esr.goners.
              the 4700 is a custom as its not in the datasheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Payne View Post
                ^This, a turbo-cool 1KW is probably at least 7-8 years old now (I believe the 1,200w replaced them in 2007/2008), and most are used in high-stress high hours applications, it is honestly surprising they lasted as long as they did.

It is still pretty ridiculous that they used Teapo SC's in a $500 unit though. At least they fixed that with the Turbo-Cool 1,200W, I've got one of those and it is pretty much all electrolytics on the secondary are Chemi-Con KYs, and Hitachi Primaries.

Comment

Yup. IMO, a $500 unit should easily last 20 years, and at that price, there should be plenty of room in the budget for NCC and Rubycon caps.
                  I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

They've probably been failed for quite a while. What are some of the date codes on the SC caps?

Comment

That is an impressive PSU, agree with the others that at this price point using anything but Japanese caps should be a criminal offense!

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2007/...bocool_1kwsr/3
                      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
                      X