X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello Gang,

I've been reading the forum off and on for a year or so now. Some amazing information and people on here. I've used information found here to repair two of my TVs and could use some help with a third.

Hope to see you all around the forums!

- Vantix

Comment

Hi to all, pats. I'm new here. I'm from NY. I like to learn new things about computers.

Comment

Всем привет, я из Украины, интересный форум и очень много нужной и полезной информации

Comment

I am an electronics engineer,work mostly on flat screens,for 13 years now....am situated in Gambia where I have my own firm repairs and refurbishing....am happy to be here...to share and learn new ideas how to go about stuffs

Comment

Hi all, My name is Waldemar, I'm from Poland. I'm guitar equipmnet designer, also I have repair shop with all pro audio equpimnet.

Comment

hi all, I work in computer repairs and although this doesn't involve much soldering and component changing I have messed a bit in repairing circuit boards. I came here for some help in repairing a power supply.

Comment

Honest, and respectful hello to all members of this great forum.

My name is Pavel, I am from the Czech Republic, under the Beskydy Mountains, near Rožnov. In 1969 I began to repair TV sets in Brno, then in Ostrava, and then in Rožnov.

So I'm not a computer expert, but maybe I can help with somebody´s repairing TV, as well as learning from the knowledge, or correction process from other colleagues, or enthusiasts in the electronics industry.

Comment

Haio!

Comment

Im new here and getting into board repair, looking for some assistance.

Comment

Hi every one I'm Benny from Kenya. I have been doing electronics repair work for a while now, and wish to join forces with like minded folks to expand my scope in the field. I do trust this is the place!

Comment

My name is Paul. I come from Poland.

Comment

Hello from Germany.

My name is Thomas. 57 years old and system administrator in some large company in Germany.

35 years ago I studied electronics and since this time I do electronics as hobbyist. In former times I fixed several types of crt TVs.

Now I'm going to try my first OLED. Therefore I Sohnes up for this forum.

I Hope to get some useful hints for fixing my lg55ec930v.

Kind regards

Thomas

Comment

hello newbie here..

Comment

Hiya.

Comment

Wow so much knowledge here. I've been around for awhile but never had to open a topic. \so here I am now.

Thank you guys for keeping this field alive.

Comment

Originally posted by wb1ccp View Post
                                  Hi, all. My name is Jim and I've been a two-way radio bench tech for going on 40 years. Before that, I worked on TV and other consumer electronics for a few years. Needless to say, I've seen more than my share of bad caps! Working on 2-way gear here in frugal New England, we see a surprising amount of vintage electronics still in service.

Not everything here is ancient, though. I came here because we're having switched-mode power supplies in commercial routers failing after just 2-5 years. I opened one up and found 1000uF 35V caps with bulged lids.

I'd like to find out if we can avoid scrapping a couple of dozen US$800 routers after 3 or so years when I could fix them with a few bucks worth of caps.

I'm also a longtime Ham Radio operator and junk collector.
                                  That's one of the best intros i've ever read. You rock sir!

Comment

I cant see how to send in a message to introduce myself
                                    Please advise me how to send in messages
                                    Adrianed

Comment

I wish I could say I grew up with the Ham radio crowd too, but sadly the Hamfests in Wisconsin seem to be long gone. I made it to the last two held in Eau Claire, but mostly due to my computer interests (I even got two Amigas, a 1000 and a 500, there that I unwittingly permanently gave away). I joined the sales side of this site years ago and have since had one failed motherboard repair attempt, and more recently (but still years ago), one successful. Someday my first self selected, and assembled, computer will get recapped (the reason I originally learned of this site), although computers have come a long way in speed since then and tend to be using better-suited capacitors. I joined the forum now just to view some pictures posted of bad dell power supplies, but am not too enthusiastic in doing that repair. To me, PSUs don't hold the same importance as motherboards do, but at least this one is small form factor, and since its endemic with this range (H240AS) a repair would be wiser than replacement. And that's probably all I'll be posting on these forums, as I tend to be a lurker everywhere. Thanks for all the information, and capacitors, over the years.

Comment

Hi I like to build and repair electronics myself where practical. Came here to see if I anyone knows cap values for a Vizio VF550M 55" TV power supply. Since this is my only TV I'd like to have all the parts ready for when I pull out the PSU. Will be changing transistors as well. Have not been able to find any schematics. Thanks!

Comment

hello I am retired telecom engineer from Sri Lanka. Doing repairs as a hobby.
                                          when googling to search for pc power supply repair came across this great forum.hope I can get help from experienced members.

Comment

Working...
                                          X