X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello all !
    i'm french and very interesting in component level repair.
    first post but not the last
    :-)

Comment

A Hello from Denmark ;0) I have begun to repair laptops etc. and stumpled over this great and useful forum. Thumbs of.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

i am a knowledge seeker and with lots of hope and enthusiasm, i am joining this form.

i have been reading the posts from members from time to time and like them.

i am mostly into repairing of audio amplifier, HTR, Active subs etc.

Hoping to gain assistance from friends.

Regards,
        Hemant.

Comment

I was into building early PCs decades ago in college. I have a slight background into understanding the functionality of boards built in TVs. jnsfla

Comment

Hi Everyone!

I came across this wonderful board while looking for a wonderpill to heal my troubled tv!
            I am a german student in the city of karlsruhe, majoring in mechanical engineering. Due to my mechanical background I have no clue what electricity might be whatsoever, but I'm confient I might get a clue if I read the stickies on here closely enough!

actually, even though I started out looking for a fix for my current TV (which was used when I bought it and I kind of suspect the seller knowing about the issues) I just thought of the multiple TVs I have stored, that stopped working in the course of events and maybe this might be the beginning of a hobby!

then again I spend most of my time playing soccer, so who knows!

cheers,
            Anyboby

Comment

Hi.

I am new to this forum. Hoping to learn new/good stuff about component level repair. I am passionate about board level repairs limited to Macbooks/phones and laptops at the moment.

thanks for a welcome.

Comment

Hello All

Today, i have registered and I have some 40 years experience doing repairs.
                sometimes i need help... sometimes i can give help.

Dr Noodle

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have been dabbling in electronics for quite a while. I am currently working on AV receivers in an effort to better understand them. I am looking forward to all of your guidance.

Comment

New Members - please post your introductions here

I'm here to learn and pass on what I've already learned

Comment

Hi there.

Comment

Hello all! Here to get some help with a TV I am trying to repair myself (for fun).

Looking forward to all the expert knowledge.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello from sunny Florida Im from Mass originally and now known as Boston Chris. Im a semi retired electrical/mechanical tech in the packaging industry and just recently started repairing led Tvs(easy fixes). I actually found a bad capacitor and replaced it for a huge win, but Im really here to pick your brains and hopefully get better at identifying the components on PCBs ie: fused resistors, rectifier. bla bla bla

Comment

Was around in valve TV days and computers with a massive 16k of ram, have suffered a life changing injury and have to make any piece's of equipment or audio last. So I now try my own repairs with some success.

Comment

I have a Seiki SE32HY27 with standby LED on but that is all. Don't see any bad Caps or other over heated compensates.Press power button, nothing happens. Help please!!

Comment

Hello all people, i'm from spain, have 23 years, nice to meet you.

Comment

helloo from mexico nice to meet you all

Comment

Hi I'm zootsuit7.
                                    My dad, who was an aircraft mechanic at the time, was always getting me stuff like those Radio Shack "Science Fair" breadboards and a Weller dual-power soldering gun when I was 11 back in 1985 and taught me how to solder.

Although I had a short gig at Lexmark making PCBs, I've never really used electronics for work; it has always been neatly separated as a vast mysterious, magical, mad scientist hobby.

A lot of my family collects and works on antiques, including antique electronics. I have collected tube radios and amps, tube TVs, and IBM PCs from 8088 and up. Recently I scored a working 1966 Philco Seventeener TV with stand for $40. Let me first say that I am far from being a purist! Haha, but I felt it was easy enough and fitting to broadcast period material to it like this: Use a computer that plays content through composite-out feature, except the composite signal goes to some form of RF modulator (old VCR or rf modulator box) then by using an antenna booster in reverse, broadcast the signal through rabbit-ears near the TV. It works and there's no interference.

Another favorite is an Atari 400 computer that still works from flea market for $5.00. The community for the Atari is still very much active and I got the application to use any PC to connect via serial to the Atari, mimicking a really fast disk drive.

Another thing that really makes me feel like a hacker is being able to Telnet into random stuff like TI calculators, cameras, routers, plasma TVs, the list goes on.

I studied IT at University for 2 years. Transferred and got an associates in CNC machining. I got my ham radio ticket back in 2002. I'm supposed to test for A+ within the next month.

What about that CAN-BUS system on cars these days? Is that cool or what??

Have any of you used one of those RTL-SDR tuners?! Be prepared to set aside a couple years of free time if you get one! More than just a fancy radio that tunes any frequency, There's software to decode any digital signal, weather satellite image, ISS, morse, POCSAG, aircraft positions, on and on. They reverse-engineered HD-Radio
                                    and got Raspberry Pis to control the radio - all open source.

Man, I tell you what, I'm only able to scratch the surface, but still I think these might actually be the golden years of the hobby. The internet lets guys like you teach guys like me about stuff that would otherwise be headed to the landfill.

So, from an LG Plasma 50PA5500-UG, I have bad boards for free if you want them for repair (I haven't bothered them, just replaced them) all you got to do is pay for shipping and they're yours. They do need to be repaired.

Comment

HELLO NEWBIE FROM the UK

WASNT Shouting too lazy to press the delete button

Comment

Hello everyone. I am a tech person who likes to dabble with electronics repair so I am happy to have come upon this forum that seems to be filled with lots of knowledgeable people. I look forward to contributing.

Comment

Hi from Australia, my work week consists of a variety of mechanical and electric repairs, design and construction, I'm hoping to learn more about electronics so I can fix rather than throw and bring things back to life.
                                          Gaz

Comment

Working...
                                          X