This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum. I do electronics as a hobby. Looking for expert advice.

Comment

Hello Everyone, I joined to get some tips on TV repair, and other electronics from time to time. Thank you for having such a forum.

Comment

Brief introduction....
        I have a degree in chemistry, and started working for a laboratory in SC in 1995. It was a "Mobile" laboratory, which really just meant it was in a trailer on a client site. It didn't move after we set it up. Anyway, since this was away from the main office and on a secure DOE site, we didn't have computer support from the main office. I started learning how to troubleshoot issues and automating processes on the computers. Eventually needed to replace hardware. Since only the "IT" group at the main office was authorized to buy new computers and it appeared that they gave us their older hardware, I started buying a couple of new components per month. After a few months, I built a new PC and started the process again. Learned a lot. Twenty three years later, I still work for the same company. I do programming now from home and go to the main office periodically for meetings, etc. I control computers at the main office by remote. So after saying all of that, I am on this forum because my TV stopped working and it looks like you guys have posted a few documents on troubleshooting. I have fixed a couple of TVs in the past by replacing a board or 2. This TV (Hitachi LE42H508) is still not working after I replaced the power board and main board. Hopefully looking through this forum will give me a clue as to what is wrong. I would hate to have to junk it.

Comment

I everyone , i'm honored to be here ...
          and it's amazing to found that the site exicts since 2003...
          thx you for the warm welcome ,
          i am Florent from central africa , passionate in new technologies , i hold a little repairing store , and i help people to fix , upgrade ans recycle their electronicals stuff....
          i will love to learn more with you people

Comment

Hi everybody, I am Salvatore from France. I am not an expert in electronic but I like from time to time to give a second life to my broken electronic device as a hobby. I hope to find some useful information to fix my broken devices and also help others by solving my issues.

Comment

Regards to all!
              My name is Sasha, I am from Serbia and I am dealing with computer repair and lap dummy over 20 years ....
              I think this forum is really good and useful for all people who are doing this kind of business ...

Comment

Hi Everyone, I am Adam from Poland.I am new to this forum.I joined to get some tips on TV repair, and other electronics from time to time. Thank you for having such a forum.

Comment

Viva cambada!
                  I am from Portugal, i try to repair somethings time to time; now i have a lg monitor power to fix, and found some advice here...
                  Thanks to the forum,
                  A Terra agradece!

Comment

Hi, is nice to see a lot of retro guys, I remember the old days when I bought my first PC a 80286 16 MHz, since them I prefer to fix all nice old pc just for fun.

Comment

Hi,

I'm a retired chartered engineer. I just love fixing things.

My first projects were valve (tube) based ex-army radios.

I'm quite happy working on modern stuff. My latest project is mending Epson LCD projectors.

Comment

Kinda funny, the first post in this thread says keep it short, or the thread will reach 100 pages....and it's 946 pages. I did not read every post.

I have too many hobbies, actually, but most of them are in the basement...that's where I do my woodworking, leatherwork, stained glass, and also play around with electronics. Of course the dumpster diving, motorcycles, gardening and cooking are not in the basement, although it'd be nice to have a fridge down there occasionally.

So little time, so much to learn.

Comment

Hi i have not permition. I student for work becouze is hobby

Comment

hi from derby uk

newbie here looking to repair tvs armed with my new fluke meter i may have found my site for good advice on repairs, been looking and i am impressed with this one

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm techjap and I'm addicted to fixing things!

A bit about me.. I'm either 0 or 1.

My background is IT... started back in the late 80's with a Commodore 64 my dad had stored away in his closet.

Bought a 300 baud modem and ran a BBS... met hackers and learned alot about phone systems, telnet and hacking!

Still love learning new things on the net.

Today, I'm trying to figure out what's at fault with my 60" Sharp Aquos TV... new thread coming soon!

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here : hello

i am a retired radio tech who likes to keep his hand in
                                followed a link on you tube by chance looks very interesting

Comment

Hi all, I'm trying to fix a broken laptop that won't boot. Not sure if it's caps related or not yet.

Comment

Hello Everyone, I joined to get some tips on TV repair, and other electronics from time to time. I am currently trying to troubleshoot a Samsung LED TV that lacks backlighting. Thank you for having such a forum.

Comment

Hello BadCaps Community!

I am happy to be here, i find this forum very knowledgeable, full of info.
                                      I am a Hardware hacker as well, coming from commodore-era.
                                      Demoscener, gamer back then....
                                      Now i do lighting control (DMX) for films.
                                      I am sreking for that accomplishment when you fix something what was broken.
                                      Ready to fire up my iron, and change those caps!

Hey-How!

Titus

Comment

Hey Guys,

Been lurking and learnin for a while and wanted to say thanks.
                                        I am in Austin currently been been around.

Looking forward to learning from you guys.

Comment

Hello Everyone, I just joined to get some tips on pc repair, and other electronics fix I do as a hobby. Thank you for having such a forum with so much knowledge!

Comment

Working...
                                          X