Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verdict on Taicon

Whats the verdict on Taicon caps?

Are they terrible like Chmec or Yihec? Or more like teapo and fine in power supplies?

I have a delta 200w that has quite a few of these in it, and they all seem fine... Haven't seen a failed Taicon yet. Also haven't seen a single teapo on something that was built after about 2006 that has failed either.

Re: Verdict on Taicon

I don't remember any bad ones personally but I have seen bloated Taicon by way of photos.

I'd say Taicon is not HORRIBLE like OMG! but shouldn't be on the 'good list' either.

Taicon is "part of the Nichicon Family", so they claim on their website.
    http://www.taicon.com.tw/product/en-index.htm
    I guess that either means Nichicon owns part of them or they have some business arrangement.
    I ~think~ Taicon does not always use the quality aluminum and electrolytes from Japan in the Taicon branded caps but if they build Nichicon branded caps then Nichicon provides the materials to them from Japan.

If you look you will notice some of the Taicon series names are the same as Nichicon.
    It would follow that Taicon builds those series for Nichicon.

There has been speculation that Taicon was behind the defective Nichicon HN and HM but there is no actual proof.

~ Yeah, I pretty much think of them like Teapo in PSU's.
    If one blows then replace them all.
    If it's working then leave it alone.
    If you have to solder on whatever anyway [for something else] then replacing them preemptively might be considered.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

They're about the same as or better than Teapo, Jamicon, Capxon, etc. I keep them out of Vcore rails and generally hot areas, but have used them on PSU secondaries without problems.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=122
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

whoa, hang on

i recently opened up a bestec 250w out of an emachines 5026 that had 3 failed jamicons, one of which had leaket out of the bottom and apparently, caught on fire based on the charred bottom of capacitor, charred wire/surounding parts, and ashy residue on top of box

jamicon=horrible
          sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Emachines Bestec 250w were defective to begin with.
            Mann-Made Global Warming.
            - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

thats what troubles me, because everything other than caps/fan seemed to be very good quality

too bad i had to strip it for fan/wire
              sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

My experience with Taicon has been pretty good. More reliable than Teapo in mainboards, but I usually find them on the high side of the VRM which is less stressful.

Comment

Taicons are not bad in TV applications as well they do good with plenty of air space to keep them cool. But put them in LCD, not so good. Too packed, same issues with mainboard heated by CPU and PSU if fan fails.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Working...
                  X