X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Folks,

I'm relatively new to the world of electronics however I'm keen to learn and have thrown myself in the deep-end with success based on researching each issue I come to when fixing a TV. I'm from the UK.

By trade I'm a software tester so I'm not too far away from troubleshooting issues since I do that in my job daily.

Thanks

Comment

Hi guys, am Robin and i came from Serbia, am 37 years old, first time here !
      I found this place when I was searching for lenovo y50-70

Comment

Hi guys.
        Just registered here.
        Seems like the best place to be for advice from experts!

Comment

I'm fixing a TV that I found at the curb, it is Emerson LC32OEM2, where the power supply, I think, is the problem. I get the 5V to work, but I can't get the 24V at all, even the ready LCD doesn't work. I was able to download the Service Manual, but there aren't any details about voltages to check... Is there anyone out there who can help me or let me know where to "poke" to see if someone has any reference points with voltage measurements or what should I do.
          Today I found the SK2B Schottky Diode is bad! Does anyone out there has a recommendation what to replace it with - I have some diodes on hand, this one is Surface Mount, that I do not have at all.
          Is anyone out there reading any of these messages?
          I see some new members but I do not see any of the messages with a reply.
          Thanks guys in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyE View Post
            Hello. I'm just looking to get some answers about my LED TV.
            Same here, but so far nobody said nothing.
            What TV are you working on?
            Describe the problem, so someone can help you.
            Tony

Comment

Hi all,
              Jason from Australia.

Just stumbled upon your forum when looking for a firmware file to fix my TV!

luckily someone on here may have the file I need! and apparently I need to post an intro message to get PM working!

so there it is

Comment

A hello from Denmark ;0) I try to fix a thinkpad...

Comment

Hello from Pennsylvania! My name is Steve, and have been tinkering with TVs as of late. I don't think I've had to actually buy one for quite a while, thanks to this forum.

Comment

Hello,

I'm From Greece,I have been reading the forum, a lot of information, great community.

Thanks for letting me in

Comment

Hi all,

I stumbled upon this forum while looking for ASUS X555L schematics rev 3.6.. seems the place to find one!
                      Thanks for all the tech content!

Comment

Hello World! Thanks in advance for helping me diagnose my Sharp tv problem. Post to follow in "Troubleshooting TVs and Video Sources"

Comment

Hello,
                          Just joined. Troubleshooting a 2009 Samsung UN55b8000xfza.

Comment

Hello all. Just joined, troubleshooting/repairing a number of amps/subwoofers/powered speakers at the moment so hoping to find some great info here! Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello,
                              My name is John.
                              I just joined this forum after finding the part number for a MOSFET on my dead monitors power board.

I am an EE and like to work with my hands fixing electronics, wrenching on cars, and home remodeling. At work I design RF and mixed signal boards.

Comment

Hello to all and good and happy new year as well.
                                I used to do a lot of blogging but of late I have not.
                                I was drawn here with an issue I have with a bios password keeping me from one of my laptops, but have a feeling there is much more to interest me now that I have joined.
                                I am in central Florida, though from the north.
                                I have been a computer enthusiast since the days of the Coleco Adam and TRS 80. I fix my own everything. And I mean everything. I hope to offer a little as I seek a little.

Will is what most call me, some call me Bill and some William. As then came bronsen's Michael Parks used to say, Anything but too late for supper LOL..

Comment

My name is Terri. Thanks for accepting me. I like to do my own repairs when I can. Forums like this help a lot when your stuck.

Comment

Hi - Steve Pitt from San Jose, CA
                                    Former HP and Agilent Tech employee now retired but love to tinker with various electronics including old computers, monitors, and most recently a very buggy LG 47 LG60 that has a constantly flickering screen and occasionally will just turn off and reset. Troubleshooting this was what brought me to your site and very nice forum. Thanks!

Comment

1st forum I've joined. Seemed time since I'm frequently troubleshooting electronics. I'm self-taught and have always had a deep passion for fixing things

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Just wanted to say Hi to all. I'm Les. Brainles, useles, moneyles, and many more that would take too long. My first computer was an IBM. Thought I was hot stuff cause every one I knew had an IBM compatible... Course, mine was like 15 years old... Worked at RadioShack when the COLOR computer came out. OOOOOOOO... Tried to be a ham operator for a while. Was eat up with antenna building and shooting skip. Got to be a network engineer for a while and build some PCs. That was fun. Now I just try to keep my stuff working cause I forgot most of what I learned. Anyway, I am 65 and retired in Maryland. Please allow me into your fold...

Comment

Working...
                                          X