Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Welcome to the Badcaps.net Tech Forum! > Announcements & Related News
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 03:02 AM   #18321
mawrick

City & State: Bergen
My Country: Norway
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi.

Just a guy interested (among other things) in vintage computers, C64, Amiga, etc.....
mawrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:50 AM   #18322
Stbn62

City & State: ARRAS
My Country: France

Hi,
I am a French and I like repair screen, computer, monitor for my friends. It's hobby.
Stbn62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:29 AM   #18323
mosagepa

City & State: San francisco
My Country: Usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
A WELCOME to everyone that joins in!!

Peta, ofcourse some advertising would always be helpful to making this a success.... This forum has existed since October 6th 2003, online the first time at about 9:00PM CST. Being a couple days old, atleast there's traffic...

I don't know if this forum will be a huge success or not, I created it out of requests from viewers, so we'll see how many actually join... If it takes off, I'll be tickled pink!! If it flops, I'll simply remove it.

A little about me?!?

HMMM I'll give a little info... I've been in the electronics field since 1991, with experience ranging from TV/VCR repair all the way to industrial electronics for a very large and well known manufacturer. I started in computers in 1994, just for a change and something I thought would be more challenging.... First of all, in the computer field, I AM NOT a number cruncher (programmer) YUK!!!!! I'm a hardware/network guy... I can install any OS, repair and make it work, but sitting and typing code is more boring than watching flies mate!! So I stick to hardware!! I get the 'thrill' from coming up with cures for problems, creative and USEFUL mods (this DOES NOT include neon lights and corny batman windows in my cases)...

Before the VP6 was around, Abit's poster child was the BP6, dual celeron board... Being one of the pioneers to run dual Coppermines in my BP6 was quite a thrill... Then came the VP6, and the dreaded crap cap problem... Thus was born PROJECT:VP6, which is over a year old... It can be viewed at www.kabalsrealm.com/systems/projects/vp6/. That single article ultimately led to badcaps.net and this forum... I was shocked at the publicity it drew...

A little inside info?!?
Well, age?! I'll say late 20's and that's close enough... I enjoy dealing with the computers, all of this is just a hobby these days, so if it did flop, it's no loss... I'm also a car nut... (300ZX!!!)... I also enjoy flying immencely, although, no I don't own an airplane... YET!!! Maybe if I sell off all this computer junk, I could afford one... HEH I own 3 domain names, and host sites for a few friends on this array... Of course they pay me nothing... HMMM Ohh well... Money isn't all... That's about all I think needs to be revealed... If there's something you really need to know about me, ask... The answer all depends on the question you asked...

Anyhow,
Peta, and everyone else that has joined, Welcome to the forums!! Bring some friends with ya!! :roll:
Very interesting profile... I wish I had your skills man! Anyway, trying to advance a bit on my own DUY projects, soldering iron manouvres and the like hehe.

I am pretty sure I can gain a bit of know-how here in this wonderful forum.

Regards to all forumites and itís a pleasure to be part of it!
mosagepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:31 AM   #18324
mosagepa

City & State: San francisco
My Country: Usa

Hello

I am interested in little computer repairs, FPGAs and the like, and general troubleshooting and board repair skills.!

Great forum and I really appreciate its existence

Warm regards to all fellow forumites!
mosagepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:07 AM   #18325
cesarius

City & State: Missouri
My Country: USA

Hello there,

I am trying to fix a TV-Model for my neighbour. I have repaired some tv's in the past that have had easy to fix problems. Got some basic~mid understanding of electronics.
I really hope to find some help here because a lot of google searches brought me very often to this great site.

Best Regards and happy repairing.
cesarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:41 AM   #18326
Battle1066

City & State: London
My Country: United Kingdom

Evening All - like many others I find the need to save money so wish to try and repair my broken TV.
I can offer little in the way of TV repair help, as I repair industrial roller doors however, if you have an industrial door question I'll do my best to help you fix it.

Currently my problem is with a Panasonic Plasma TV
MODEL :- TX-P42U30B
Power board :MPF6909
Fault:- TV doesn't respond to remote or built in set buttons it just has the red display light stating standby. It has no flashing lights it just has a relay click from the power board intermittently.
So if you can offer help please do.
Battle1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:21 PM   #18327
FitPaul

City & State: London, UK
My Country: UK

Hi Guys,

I have been interested in electronics as long as I can remember. My dad who was a pathologist was always tinkering with electronic stuff. I remember him fixing neighbours amplifiers and radios and building Heathkits (remember them?). It must have rubbed off on me because when I was 8 and was asked what I wanted to be, I answered Ďa radiomaní.
Well I never became a Ďradiomaní but now age 64 Iím an anesthesiologist but still enjoy electronics as a hobby. I lament how hard it is to fix things these days. The surface mount technology is so small I can hardly see it let alone hold it when it needs replacing. Fortunately, a lot of problems still involve the power supply and other areas that still have large discrete components.
I look forward to getting advice from you guys to fix an old Philips LCD monitor. Monitors are cheap now so I guess I should just throw it away and get new but itís still fun to try and figure out whatís wrong.
FitPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:52 PM   #18328
DankEngihn

City & State: Ontario
My Country: Canada

I have to many computers, and 1 too few PSUs. Great.
DankEngihn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:11 PM   #18329
iforlans

City & State: redditch
My Country: uk

Hi - new member trying to fix my macbook pro...any help gratefully received
iforlans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:44 PM   #18330
moondogtn

City & State: PLEASANTON
My Country: United States

Howdy, seems like useful information abounds here....thanks.

Bill
moondogtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:31 PM   #18331
JustinKauai

City & State: Kilauea,Hawaii
My Country: United states

Aloha guys, I am new to this and am trying to figure out my t.v. I am not sure how to put a thread out there to get help.
I have a samsung tv model un65ku630dfxza. it works fine for about an hour give or take, then we get all the colored lines and it shuts down and then boots back up. Once it shuts down it will continue to shut down and reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
JustinKauai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:36 PM   #18332
Mixx

City & State: MEGEVE
My Country: France
Thumbs up Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi there,

New here and happy to read such helpful posts...

I'm 45 and I touched my first computer at 10, an old Olivetti Logabax with perforated cards...Then I had mine, a legendary Commodore 64. That was the beginning of everything...

I used to work as an IT guy and network admin but my interest was in hardware so I learn industrial computing and became after sales service manager in a company specialized in providing hardware solutions for various industries in harsh environment.

Then I moved in Japan to work as a service engineer in a Toshiba semiconductor Fab. I was in charge of wafer handling robots, of course in cleanrooms, I touched my Graal there...I love Japan and robots so it was like there is nowhere else to be !!

I moved then from Japan to Caribbean, more precisely in the French West Indies to work as a field service engineer in marine electronics. Very good experience as well.

At the moment I'm running my own small business in the French Alps, I'm solution provider for local hotels and restaurants who needs computers, point of sales, ruggedized outdoor LCD screens, video, home automation...

Well all this time with electronic stuffs...I guess it's a PTST after the C64 shock

I'm preparing my first post on Marshall Woburn internal PSU problems. Many problems found around the web with these Marshall's wireless speakers. Especially just after the warranty period end...

See ya
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:36 PM   #18333
JustinKauai

City & State: Kilauea,Hawaii
My Country: United states

Aloha guys, I am new to this and am trying to figure out my t.v. I am not sure how to put a thread out there to get help.
I have a samsung tv model un65ku630dfxza. it works fine for about an hour give or take, then we get all the colored lines and it shuts down and then boots back up. Once it shuts down it will continue to shut down and reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
JustinKauai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:31 PM   #18334
tcbr453

City & State: Illinois
My Country: US

Hello from the Chicago suburbs. Looking for some advice on TV repair. Been searching and reading many threads here, and seems like there are many extremely smart and experienced persons, so hopeful that someone can provide advice.
tcbr453 is online now   Reply With Quote