Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG W2234S-BN Faulty Colors

Hi guys,

i have a LG W2234S-BN that had the corrupt flash and would not power on, have reflashed the chip and the monitor now powers up fine and works,

problem is that when i connect the vga the display is red as if the blue/green are all removed, but its not the panel as when the logo comes on its fine,

im guessing the fault is on the input between the dsub and the tsumu chip.
    i have checked the parts on the input side but cannot find anything wrong?

have attached pics

any ideas?
    Attached Files

Re: LG W2234S-BN Faulty Colors

Originally posted by sccs View Post
    Hi guys,

i have a LG W2234S-BN that had the corrupt flash and would not power on, have reflashed the chip and the monitor now powers up fine and works,

problem is that when i connect the vga the display is red as if the blue/green are all removed, but its not the panel as when the logo comes on its fine,

im guessing the fault is on the input between the dsub and the tsumu chip.
    i have checked the parts on the input side but cannot find anything wrong?

have attached pics

any ideas?
    Wiggle you vga cable around. I've had vga cables fail before, and usually one color (R, G or B) goes intermittent. I guess its possible for more than one to fail at once...
    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply,

that's what the picture reminds me of too, when a pin snaps in the connector but have already checked the cable as it works fine on another monitor. have also checked pins in the monitor female connector to check they are not broken either, i have continuity from end to end no problem, i will triple check just to be sure tho

Darren

Comment

Try re-seating the flat ribbon cable from the main board to the LCD panel.

Comment

Hi,

i have tried the ribbon cable, but i will triple check it again, was first thing i checked before i flashed the spi chip, but i will recheck all the connections are solid, dont think thats the problem tho as the main logo displays fine, perfect color and everything, even the menu displays ok,

Darren

Comment

Maybe the pins of the vga connector on the mainboard have bad solder joints.
            Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

had the same thought earlier when i was checking the pins so i re-soldered all 15 pins while i was there

Comment

If your monitor has digital input, then try using the DVI input to see if you get the same results.

Did you also try using the menu to set the monitor back to it's factory defaults?

Comment

No dvi on this one have double checked all the suggestions so far and still the same, don't recall seeing a reset in the menu will have another look tomorrow, did use service menu to auto color and init the nvram,

I'm guessing that the bit that displays the logo on boot is the same as displays the graphic from the pc, thus eliminating it being a problem with the circuit between the panel and main board?

Is there anything that would make it display all color as red? Sort of combine the signals into one??

Comment

I have seen a faulty cap on Logic Boards,can occasionally make the Screen Red,so would suggest checking ESR on the Electrolytics,also is it red or PINK ie has a Backlight failed ??

Comment

caps look ok, but dont have an esr meter here atm so i will look see if i have spares and replace them and see, dont think its the backlight tho as the logo is perfect and brightness seems to be consistent,

Comment

ok problem solved guys, was the lead!!!!! works on every other monitor i have here including tv's, but when i tripple checked the lead its self it appears that the gnd pins (5-10) are not connected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i grounded the pins on the main board and vola pic perfect,

on the main board pins 4 and 6 are connected to gnd but 5,7,8,910 are not!! i guess all my other monitors must self gnd the pins together!!

thanks for all the help guys

Comment

Working...
                        X