Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung SyncMaster T190, pwr led flashing

Hi there,

I have a couple of LCD Monitor Samsung SyncMaster T190.
    Both of them do not power on when connected to the power supply line: the red LED starts flashing and the panel remains black.

I guess there is a problem in the power supply stage. I had a look on the rear panel in order to open it, but apparently there are no screws for unassemble.

Do you have any hint for this issue?
    Where I can find the Repair / Service Manual for SyncMaster T190 Monitor?

Thanks a lot for your help!
    Max

Re: Samsung SyncMaster T190, pwr led flashing

It always helps to post clear pictures of both sides of the boards. I had one like that and it was just the start up cap that was going bad (47uF 50V CapXon)

Comment

That's true but unfortunately, as I wrote, I can not open the case... So that's why I dd
      I'd not send any picture so far.

Comment

They're usually held together by clips, you can usually carefully pry them open with a flathead. It could be the power brick as well, have you tried powering it on with a known good one?

Comment

Thanks for your time! Yes I have tried several plugs and different cables, but both of them remain with the red led flickering. One question , do you know if there are some pictures or video to show me how to remove the covers? It looks to me that by forcing the opening something get broken...

Comment

Where can I found the Service Manual for the SyncMaster T190 LCD Monitor ?

Comment

max and pentium 4 have already open the cover of your monitor?do you have any videos or pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by _max_ View Post
                Thanks for your time! Yes I have tried several plugs and different cables, but both of them remain with the red led flickering. One question , do you know if there are some pictures or video to show me how to remove the covers? It looks to me that by forcing the opening something get broken...
                Most of Samsung monitors have to use the pry technique to open them up (use flat head screwdriver and/or putty knife). Also remove the stand first before prying. Usually there are some screws at the stand attachment location which holds down the cover. The T190 chasis looks very similar to T220HD. See attachment...
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Max,
                  I too had the problem opening up the back cover of my Samsung T190 monitor. Go to Fixya.com and look up a guy by the name Werner Tebelmann. He has given a detail explanation on how to open up the back cover (T190) with photos attached. I managed to open up mine after reading his instructions.
                  Hopes this help. Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
                  X