Considering a MacBook Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Considering a MacBook Air

Rd, I understand what you're saying, but I dont Plan to go to college so that is not a factor. But teachers let me use computer In class to take notes and stuff, and I think it would be good for my gradesif I actually did my homework, but I spend 2 hours a day in the bus getting to school, which would be perfect for writing assignments and stuff!
    Last edited by shovenose; 11-03-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
      Rd, I understand what you're saying, but I dont Plan to go to college so that is not a factor. But teachers let me use computer In class to take notes and stuff, and I think it would be good for my gradesif I actually did my homework, but I spend 2 hours a day in the bus getting to school, which would be perfect for writing assignments and stuff!
      fine. your money. your life.

school buses suck, some tried to butt rape me on one once. plus, once you are older, you will not want to ride the bus. you get stuck with all of the underclasmen, who at the age you will be then, will seem annoying and make you want to carve out your own brain with a dull spoon.

even if you don't plan to go to college, you may change your mind. not going to college these days is poor choice... making a living without a degree is very difficult and requires luck and skill. you must have both..

like I said, it is your life, if you make bad choices, be aware that you will have to live up to the consequences. always remember that you cannot undo the past.
      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Heh, used macbook air is about $700. Its only ~2ghz and not very expandable. At that price there is a fair amount of stuff with good battery life/specs/weight, even from apple.

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
          fine. your money. your life.

school buses suck, some tried to butt rape me on one once. plus, once you are older, you will not want to ride the bus. you get stuck with all of the underclasmen, who at the age you will be then, will seem annoying and make you want to carve out your own brain with a dull spoon.

even if you don't plan to go to college, you may change your mind. not going to college these days is poor choice... making a living without a degree is very difficult and requires luck and skill. you must have both..

like I said, it is your life, if you make bad choices, be aware that you will have to live up to the consequences. always remember that you cannot undo the past.
          I think you're being a bit harsh to Shovenose there, Ratdude. I know plenty of people who didn't go to college of any sort and opened their own businesses and are more successful than anyone else, even in today's market. I have a friend who just opened up a very busy burger shop in late 2010, he's bought his first home and a new BMW as well with pure cash... guess you just gotta know what market is booming (which isn't too hard). Though I will agree with you, having a college is better than not having one.
          As for the car and bus argument, If it was up to me I'd take the bus. In fact, I take the bus very often these days to save not only money, but time as well.

...and Shovenose, I think you should get the Macbook Air, if you want it that is. It might be a bit over priced and what not, but if you like something... go for it! (I know i'd buy it in a blink of an eye!)

I always took that risk and I've never looked back. If I make a mistake in buying something then okay, I won't do it again... but I also get that experience too... cause y'know, if you don't screw up now, you'll do it somewhere down the line on something bigger. (not saying you'll screw up on a MB air if that's what you think I'm implying)
          Last edited by stevo1210; 11-05-2011, 08:52 AM.
          Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Thanks Stevo1210...
            I've decided that I'm going to try to convince my uncle to either split the cost 50/50 or he buys it for me
            Wish me luck, and if I get it I'll review it so if anybody needs an ultra portable they can see if this one is right for them.

Comment

Well, I got the MacBook Air. I actually got the upgraded version, with 4GB RAM and the 128GB SSD. And I didn't pay a cent

Edit: and so far I love it!

Comment

Spoilt git
                System: HP xw6600 Workstation, 650W PSU | 2x Intel Xeon Quad E5440 @2.83GHz | 8x 1GB FB-DDR2 @ 667MHz | Kingston/Intel X25-M 160GB SSD | 2x 1TB Spinpoint F3, RAID0 | 1x 1TB Spinpoint F3, backup | ATI FireGL V7700 512MB | Sony Optiarc DVD +/-RW | Win 7 Ultimate x64 | 2x Dell UltraSharp U2410f | Dell E248WFP

Comment

Only problem is yesterday I tlaked to my mom about it she doesn't want me to bring it to school.

I tried to get one for you too but he didn't want to buy 70 more for all the other poeople that wanted one too

Comment

I used to take a laptop to school too, but I would always go for something cheap and only just powerful enough for the job, that way it wasn't the end o the world if it got stolen (which thankfully never happened)
                    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                      I used to take a laptop to school too, but I would always go for something cheap and only just powerful enough for the job, that way it wasn't the end o the world if it got stolen (which thankfully never happened)
                      Did the same thing, though that was back in high school. It was only used when there were off days/free time, and heck, I even had classmates play video games on it! Fun times...
                      Recovering a BEFSR41 v1 and v2 router from solid red DIAG Light
                      I have two v2s and one v1.

I am still looking at these boards nearly every day.

What I'm doing: Planning an upgrade of my mining setup from Block Erupters to Red Furys. Though, if the Block Erupters don't sell, I will keep using them for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                        Yeah I did that too back in my day. At the time, my Dell Inspiron 6400 was the newest on the market, so it stayed home... I dragged a Inspiron 4000 to school instead LOL.
                        However, I wasn't worried about it getting stolen, but more likely broken cause assholes used to throw my stuff around in HS. Now that I'm in uni, everyone is adult and sensible about things.
                        Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Nobody throws my stuff around... let alone talk to me :P
                          But yeah I'm going to open a seperate thread about bringing it to school. And it will have a poll

Comment

OK this took me like 2 months but here's the review:
                            http://hardwareinsights.com/wp/2011/...ok-air-review/

Comment

Working...
                            X