How use buck controller & what is this original repair secret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How use buck controller & what is this original repair secret

Hy all friends I buy this buck controller . I see some youtube video....but its can not work............

Any one have Idea about this................
    Attached Files

Re: How use buck controller & what is this original repair secret

it said 1.25 volt output and if you want greater than 1.25 volt you must solder appropiate bridges (top side of picture)

Comment

I know this tips : with this buck controller (power ic) which pin is necessary for working. I connect 3v/5v alaways coil , ldo 3v/5volt pin, power good signal 3.3volt.........the laptop power on, fan spinning but its v core voltage cannot out, processor not hot, and its vs/run power voltage is not out,,,,,,

If i worked with this card which pin of the power ic is connect ????????

I upload its schematics page number 41 power ic 51123

Can any one have idea which types of laptop motherboard should be worked with this buck controller
      Attached Files

Comment

Did you removed the coil, mosfets connected to 3v coil before applying 3v on the coil thru this buck controller??

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
          Did you removed the coil, mosfets connected to 3v coil before applying 3v on the coil thru this buck controller??

I remove those 3/5volt coil ,,,,,,upper and lower mosfet...its power on but run power / vs voltage is low ??? why 3volt vs instead of 2.25, 5 volt vs instead of 2.5 volt .........this reason laptop processor can not heat

Comment

Replace the VS mosfets first. If dont help then try putting jumper of these two mosfets on PIN1 to PIn5 and check again.

Comment

Find the real problem and fix it instead of using buck controller. The module you are referring may only work in situations where only low current is required. 3V and 5V are main power rails and has high current requirement. The module output may drop if the board draws more current than it can handle. Always tries to fix the issue in right way instead of taking shortcuts

Comment

Originally posted by anshad View Post
                Find the real problem and fix it instead of using buck controller. The module you are referring may only work in situations where only low current is required. 3V and 5V are main power rails and has high current requirement. The module output may drop if the board draws more current than it can handle. Always tries to fix the issue in right way instead of taking shortcuts
                I see youtube video, they are worked with it. And I suffer great problem in power ic because its quality. And I repair with buck controller for layer burning reason.....

Comment

Originally posted by razu View Post
                  I see youtube video, they are worked with it. And I suffer great problem in power ic because its quality. And I repair with buck controller for layer burning reason.....

In cases where physical damage like track destruction due to burning etc, you can try buck controller. If no physical issue prevents and original IC available, always go for the IC. In other cases, buck controller is not ideal.

I have experimented with it. Newer boards have low power requirements and buck module works. But in older generation boards, power requirement is high and the display may came but the module output volt drops if HDD etc are plugged. So if you are using a buck module and the board has display, you should check the stability of the machine under full load before returning the machine to the customer.

Also you should aware that short circuit in any PWM section is always lethal. When the Upper Gate/Higher Gate of a PWM goes short, the 19v may pass from the drain to source and reach the sensitive chip like PCH/CPU/SOC. I have seen many PCH/CPU failure caused by the PWM shorts. Some chips may goes full dead but others may look OK but the board may not have display once the damaged power lane is fixed. Direct exposure to 19v might have caused enough damage to some internal circuit of the chip. So you should check for a possibly failed PCH/SOC if the board has no display even after applying correct volt using the module or via properly fixing the burned PWM.
                  Last edited by anshad; 09-23-2019, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anshad View Post
                    In cases where physical damage like track destruction due to burning etc, you can try buck controller. If no physical issue prevents and original IC available, always go for the IC. In other cases, buck controller is not ideal.

I have experimented with it. Newer boards have low power requirements and buck module works. But in older generation boards, power requirement is high and the display may came but the module output volt drops if HDD etc are plugged. So if you are using a buck module and the board has display, you should check the stability of the machine under full load before returning the machine to the customer.

Also you should aware that short circuit in any PWM section is always lethal. When the Upper Gate/Higher Gate of a PWM goes short, the 19v may pass from the drain to source and reach the sensitive chip like PCH/CPU/SOC. I have seen many PCH/CPU failure caused by the PWM shorts. Some chips may goes full dead but others may look OK but the board may not have display once the damaged power lane is fixed. Direct exposure to 19v might have caused enough damage to some internal circuit of the chip. So you should check for a possibly failed PCH/SOC if the board has no display even after applying correct volt using the module or via

properly fixing the burned PWM.

thanks for reply..!.!!..!give me some tips / books about repair mother board.

Comment

Originally posted by razu View Post
                      thanks for reply..!.!!..!give me some tips / books about repair mother board.
                      Sorry, i don't have any E-Books. There exist some books but i couldn't find a way to get it for free. But there is enough information available on Internet to get started in the Laptop Repair. Anyone with a good foundation in basic Electronics can repair power sections related issues. Troubleshooting signal level issues require a deep understanding of how a Laptop works. I myself is still a beginner. Tracing the voltages and signals on working boards by referring to the schematic has helped me a lot to understand better.

Comment

Working...
                      X