Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell Inspiron 17R 7720 "Your Battery is Temporarily Disabled", Battery LED Flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Inspiron 17R 7720 "Your Battery is Temporarily Disabled", Battery LED Flashing

Hello BADCAPS Experts,
    My Inspiron 17R 7720 SE laptop can't power on with battery but only AC adapter can turn it on, if i try to charge battery with power off laptop than it flashing 4 orange flashes, then white flash, then repeat, if i open laptop connected with AC adapter with battery it showing a start-up message "Your battery is temporarily disabled. Please turn off the unit and try again when the unit is back to operational temperature" & keep flashing 4 orange flashes, then white flash, then repeat.
    When I run the F2 Setup, under battery health I get the same message above "Your battery is temporarily disabled. Please turn off the unit and try again when the unit is back to operational temperature"

The computer operates normally with the AC adapter, shows the battery at 100% charged, but shuts off immediately when the AC adapter is disconnected.

Now i google my issue & found it may be issue with my battery or AC adapter so i bought one by one new AC adapter & battery but no success, still same error as above and it only can power on with AC adapter, hence I wast money to bought new AC adapter & battery, now after all this i been suggest on Dell website that issue is with laptop mother board, and need to replace/repair motherboard Charging IC or some other part,
    Now i am wondering how i check whether issue is in motherboard Charging IC or some other part, i am ready to work on my laptop motherboard, any suggestion will be highly appreciated, since i am newbie and need expert help to check mother board on component level,
    Thanks.

Re: Dell Inspiron 17R 7720 "Your Battery is Temporarily Disabled", Battery LED Flashi

**Bump**
    Hope some one will help me,
    Thanks.

Comment

Re: Dell Inspiron 17R 7720 "Your Battery is Temporarily Disabled", Battery LED Flashi

"try again when the unit is back to operational temperature"

i think its a battery temp sensor

Comment

Dear ktmmotocross,
        Many thanks for your reply, appreciated,
        any idea where is battery temp sensor located & how to check whether its got bad?

Comment

Enclosed Motherboard Schematics which found from below link
          http://www.s-manuals.com/notebook/dell_inspiron_7720

May be it help,
          Attached Files

Comment

Bump.. need some one help, pls help me sort-out my issue, any help will be highly appreciated

Comment

Have you tried to reset bios by removing rtc battery?

Comment

yes i did, included upgrade & downgrade bios as well, nothing working, so i am 99.9% sure this issue is from hardware but not software,
                any suggestion will be appreciated,
                Thanks.

Comment

check psid circuit at page 47

Comment

@mcplslg123 thanks for help but on page 47 which thing i need to check with which component, sorry noobi question,
                    BTW how about Page 55 [Charger (BQ24765RUVR)] since i have doubt on charging IC BQ24707ARGRR (PU8) but i don't know how to check whether this IC is good or bad,
                    any help will be appreciated,
                    Thanks.
                    Last edited by Ali101; 11-06-2017, 03:39 AM.

Comment

measure voltages on pins of BQ24765RUVR.

Comment

Change "EC45""EC46""EC47",change also "EC58""EC59""EC60",Generaly change caps related to "+VCHGR",one or many of thoses caps is the main cause of disabling battery temporary, that's why you see the msg ,thoses caps are the main causes of this msg and also for another problem ,when you see battery charging but the % still the same ,thoses caps also the main causes,change it and it will work ,I have the same pb with dell 3521 same msg changing those caps solve my prob ,also lenovo g580 who still charging but percentage not increase change thoses caps solve my prob also,I hope that help you friends.give us a feedback friend.thank you .

Comment

Originally posted by kiraro View Post
                          Change "EC45""EC46""EC47",change also "EC58""EC59""EC60",Generaly change caps related to "+VCHGR",one or many of thoses caps is the main cause of disabling battery temporary, that's why you see the msg ,thoses caps are the main causes of this msg and also for another problem ,when you see battery charging but the % still the same ,thoses caps also the main causes,change it and it will work ,I have the same pb with dell 3521 same msg changing those caps solve my prob ,also lenovo g580 who still charging but percentage not increase change thoses caps solve my prob also,I hope that help you friends.give us a feedback friend.thank you .
                          Thanks for head-up kiraro, appreciated your help, lets try with your suggestion & see if it working or not,
                          EC47 & EC59 looks same (0.1U/25V_6)
                          EC58 & EC 46 looks same (1000P/50V_4)
                          EC60 & EC 45 looks same (2200P/50V_4)
                          any idea where to find & buy these caps? any web link or online store? eBay/aliexpress or any else where?,
                          appreciated your help,
                          Thanks.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Enclosed Motherboard image with EC45""EC46""EC47", "EC58""EC59""EC60" marked with yellow color, just for reference in case it need, hope it will help to advise where i can buy them with what size,
                            Thanks.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ali101 View Post
                              Enclosed Motherboard image with EC45""EC46""EC47", "EC58""EC59""EC60" marked with yellow color, just for reference in case it need, hope it will help to advise where i can buy them with what size,
                              Thanks.
                              Replace these caps only if it shows short, else it doesnt make sense. You can get them in plenty from any laptop scrap mb.

Comment

most likely you have problem in battery output line. Check those lines carefully for any shorted caps or mosfet.(two similar looking pins at the extremes of battery connector-one side is gnd and the other side is output +12v)

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                                  most likely you have problem in battery output line. Check those lines carefully for any shorted caps or mosfet.(two similar looking pins at the extremes of battery connector-one side is gnd and the other side is output +12v)
                                  sorry for noobi question but how check this, can you advise which section & pin is battery output line?
                                  Thanks.

Comment

Did you change pr3, pr3 and pr6, you can put 33ohm or 22ohm resistor. Just try.

Comment

it could be a fault in the battery pack, it does contain a microcontroller and several temp sensors taped to the cells.

Comment

Cn4 :pin5 (psid) voltage ???????????? Should be 3.3v normally

jbat1: Smbdat0 , smbclk0 voltages ?????????????? Should be 3.3v normally

jbat1: Pbat_pres# should be low

CHECK WITH AND WITHOUT BATTERY CONNECTED (ADAPTER CONNECTED)
                                        Last edited by dycc; 11-07-2017, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X