Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA0AX1MB6H1 (HP G62-358CA) - Does not turn on & Adapter Led light off when plugged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DA0AX1MB6H1 (HP G62-358CA) - Does not turn on & Adapter Led light off when plugge

Thank you, I just did, I applied current to PR228 and I hear a buzzing sound that doesn't stop, but I can't well place it, but it's in the area where I took the pictures from. I'm going to try to increase the voltage.

Comment

Re: DA0AX1MB6H1 (HP G62-358CA) - Does not turn on & Adapter Led light off when plugge

If you are looking for shorts using lap power supply, keep the voltages low or you can trigger different semiconductors and get very confusing results (including buzzers in some other part of the mainboard). If the part of the circuit is in short, then 1V (limited to 1-2 Amps) is enough to sort out the shorted part.

Comment

You are right, RT8206B was buzzing, so I ordered a replacement already... lol

Comment

RT8206B is not a easy replace component, do you have some easy method for replacing this part?
          ...the quieter you become the more you are able to hear...

Comment

Yeah, I already desoldered it, I have Hot Air rework machine.

Comment

have you been able to solve it now

Comment

Not yet, but I ordered the power IC, should be coming in 2-3 weeks. Had so much to repair this last week, I promise I will update with resolution.

Comment

Alright, I'm back, I replaced RT8206B and I got the following readings:
                  1: 2V
                  3: 5V
                  4: 14.6V
                  6: 19V
                  7: 5V
                  14: 3V
                  19: 5V
                  27: 4.7V

Yet it won't turn on, DC jack still won't light on.

Comment

I left it unsupervised for a bit and the damn board was smoking, saw the KBC chip (KB3926QF) and the RT8206B burnt out.

Was the KBC chip damaged or did something else damage it?
                    Last edited by orientalsniper; 02-17-2014, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Welp, I put it another new RT8206B without KBC and it got smoked too. I only bought 5 of these

Comment

Hi... I was just wondering... have you resolved this problem already? I'm curious because I have the same problem and maybe you can help me a bit with this. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't solve it, but you should check voltage regulator, charging IC, KBC and BIOS, use a lab power supply to detect shorts through heat.

Comment

Originally posted by rtstorm View Post
                            RT8206B is not a easy replace component, do you have some easy method for replacing this part?
                            got good flux like AMTEC , hakko tips for iron solder ,good hot air gun

Comment

those board have always the same issue . after flashing bios if the lapy still not turn on replace EC KB3926 by the same or by KB926

southbridge

1-check for +3VS5 when turning on (without this voltage the southbridge will not reply to the EC )

2-check EC RSMRST# 3.3v when turning on

3- check EC DNBSWON# if it is high(3.3v) it must be 0v when turning on or 3v if it is low(0v)

without those voltage assume EC is not good

4-check EC SUSC# 3.3v when turnin on
                              5-check EC SUSB# 3.3v when turnin on

if SUSC# SUSB# are not present assume southbridge is not good

for those who don't have +PRWSRC(19v pq52 pin3) check pin1 pq52(must be 28v) if not , replace pq55 P MOSFET(even if it seem to work).

Comment

most probably CPU Section mosfet are faulty ..so pull out n check it ..19v at current limiting resistance(R020)..& generation of 5v & 3.3v

Comment

Working...
                                X