MacBook Pro Touch ID Question Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Pro Touch ID Question Thread

Ok guys, I have went through the internet and I see that only Apple Authorized Providers or Apple has a way to Marry a new Touch ID to a MacBook. I know that the software is real. But the question remains does anyone in the forum have the software themselves and if not can we all band together to find a way to make this software happen and find a way to finally be able to pair new Touch ID power buttons to MacBook Pros? This would change the game in LOGIC board repair etc when you get a missing Touch ID or ripped Touch ID. this could also be a big deal for iPhone 7 etc. It be nice to have a. discussion about this and see where we are on this! Thoughts?
    sigpic
    MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Re: MacBook Pro Touch ID Question Thread

Software itself is useless because it goes through Apple servers.

Comment

Any update regarding touchid marry after board replacement. What is the name of the apple software. Also can we replace sno in the new logic board.

Comment

I got a 2020 macbook air A2337 that was IC locked but everything else about it was in excellent condition. I was not able to bypass it so I got another one that had a bad screen.
        The one that I got with a bad screen worked 100% and the touch ID worked.
        I swapped out the logic board and the touch ID with both of them.
        Now I do have one that works good with a nice screen but the touch ID is not working. Somehow by swapping the boards, I lost the link between them. Is there a way to restore that link by restoring or any other way? Is there any way to get an apple store to link them?

Comment

if u just changed the screen then there shouldnt be any problem with touch id...because touch id isnt binded with the screen...

maybe while changing the board and touch id from one mac to another...you must have messed something up..

Comment

Working...
          X