X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modded Bios for HP Elitebook 1030 G2

Hi guys,

I got an Hp Elitebook 1030 g2 with this configuration except the SSD:
    https://at.insight.com/en-gb/product...oks/0007307217.

When I start the thing I get "Bios is not for production use". Once I am in Windows 10 ("for test use only") there are alot of weird executables on the Desktop. Turns out this is a HP "test / prototype" model from 2/2016.

I installed a fresh copy of Windows and everything works (not perfectly) except autorotation, Fingerprint but most importantly the graphicchip isnt working correctly. I7-7600u Intel HD620

With the newest Intel drivers the display started to glitch and only stopped when I switched to 30 Hz and back to 60hz.
    Now I have older drivers but from moment to the other all the colours changed: blue became red etc--> This happened after one day of trying around and I dont know how to undo this.// the Colours are back to normal after de/installing the driver

Now to the Bios. The bios shows a serial number of completly different hp laptop and let me up the VRAM only to 512 MB. My guess is that this experimental bios is limiting the graphic chip somehow and is designed for the testing environment that was installed beforehand.

I downloaded the official hp bios and tried installing it. The experimental Bios on this machine does not let me install it because of a signature error.

So I thought maybe it is possible to alter the official Bios with the signature of the experimental one or add an working VBios to the current bios. I looked into and tried programms like Uefipatch, Universal Bios Updated but I donnot understand a thing.

Maybe anyone on this forum can help me out?

I uploaded the current bios P80_8030 and the newest official P80_0123. In addition my bios config in a txt and some pictures.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...z7?usp=sharing

If you Need any more information or files I ll provide.
    Last edited by Spiralz33; 01-23-2019, 04:15 PM.

Re: Modded Bios for HP Elitebook 1030 G2

Maybe you have the wrong hard drive installed with the OS from the x360 11-u001la .What is the serial number, it will be on a sticker in the battery compartment.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

The serial number of the hard drive? Is it included here,
      hp´s electronic label System?
      Last edited by Spiralz33; 01-24-2019, 09:31 AM.

Comment

No, the serial number of the laptop. It isn`t under the battery, its on a black sticker on the base .
        Attached Files
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

There is nothing on the base of the Laptop. I only have this weird serial from the bios which belongs to a different Laptop model like you stated.

Do you think my issues with the bios and Intel HD620 has something to to with SSD? I installed a Fresh copy of Windows.
          It is an Toshiba SSD: THNSN5512GPUK

Is it even possible to workaround the bios signature to Flash the official bios? Or alter the current Bios with an efficient Intel VBIOS?

I will also try to call the hp support. However I am sure how eager they are to "repair" a test model of theirs without a decent serial.

As for now Ubuntu runs. In Wondows once I switch the Hz of the display back and forth there are only small random glitches on the display. I need to do it every Restart. Sleep mode is fine.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Spiralz33; 01-26-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

The only way to flash the right bios is with a bios programmer.We need to know what part number the motherboard has, it will be something like 6050A2848001-MB-A01 ,you will need to take out the motherboard.

Comment

The motherboard model is "OLDMAN-6050A2848001-MB-A01"

Mainboard @aliexpress
              HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 13.3" SR33Z i7-7600U 16GB GMA HD 620
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Spiralz33; 01-28-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Ok ,take a note of your MAC address on the sticker.Also look under the top cover for your serial on a black sticker . https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Eliteboo...d/392221226468

Do you have a bios programmer ? EDIT: The latest bios is here,https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers...ok-pc/14169372 ,you can try and install it over the wrong one, it may or may not work, if it doesn`t then you will need to flash a bios dump with a bios programmer,the bios download from hp is only a bios update . Then after flashing the bios you need to run wndmifit to restore the serial, UUID, etc .
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-28-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  Ok ,take a note of your MAC address on the sticker.Also look under the top cover for your serial on a black sticker . https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Eliteboo...d/392221226468

Do you have a bios programmer ? EDIT: The latest bios is here,https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers...ok-pc/14169372 ,you can try and install it over the wrong one, it may or may not work, if it doesn`t then you will need to flash a bios dump with a bios programmer,the bios download from hp is only a bios update . Then after flashing the bios you need to run wndmifit to restore the serial, UUID, etc .
                  Thank you for your replies.

I cannot find any black sticker. Is the serial relevant for my operations?

The latest HP Bios unfortunatly does not work for me. That is the point.

I have found a company here in Germany where you can send in your motherboard and they will flash the old or new bios chip accordingly.
                  Attached Files

Comment

"The latest HP Bios unfortunatly does not work for me. That is the point." . Yes i know,because it has the wrong bios altogether.Send in your motherboard to the shop if you can`t program it yourself.Let us know if you have any more problems .

Comment

So I looked on the mainboard and was surprised to find this (picture). Is it the bios chip? (makes sense since it is removable )
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thats unusual to see a soldered test socket ,but you did say its a test/prototype model.It should have a black cover on top.
                        https://www.ebay.com/itm/SMD-SPI-IC-...-/192621238102

You could buy a pre programmed bios chip from ebay and slot it in,but you would have to tell the seller you need it on a WSON8 chip .Measure the chip,there are 2 different WSON8 sizes.
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-29-2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

this is the bios for the mobo with a clean me.try to to find a bios programmer, if everything works ok, remove that clip and solder the chip to the motherboard.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bachir2004 View Post
                            this is the bios for the mobo with a clean me.try to to find a bios programmer, if everything works ok, remove that clip and solder the chip to the motherboard.
                            I put my old bios chip wrongly into to the clip and it fried. Can this damage the mainboard??

In the meantime I ve got a pre-programmed chip from eBay. However I get five slow caps blinks and fan spinning up. It loops in this condition.

I am getting a pre-grammed ec chip aswell because I think the current ec bios is also not right. So I hope the fresh ec chip with the correct dump will fix everything. Your thoughts?

Why remove the clips and solder?

Thank you for your effort.

Comment

Thank you for your effort.[/QUOTE]

usually there must be a plastic tab on the top of the clip.It seems to be missing.

Comment

Originally posted by bachir2004 View Post
                                Thank you for your effort.
                                usually there must be a plastic tab on the top of the clip.It seems to be missing.[/QUOTE]

Nah. I had it removed on the picture.

Does anyone know if a fried chip (wrongly inserted)can damage the mobo?

How codependent is the ec bios and the main bios?

Comment

Hello,

I have the same problem, were you able to solve it? I appreciate if you let me know your solution.

Thanks
                                  Onur

Comment

Working...
                                  X