Tools Anonymous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tools Anonymous

Hello, My name is Jim and I'm a Toolaholic.
    I can't help myself,If it's at the hardware store, fleamarket, even garage sale,I must have it.
    And what makes it so bad for me is, the stranger the better.
    If it does six things woohoo, but if it does 12 !! it's gonna be hanging in the garage or thrown in junk drawer.
    Doesn't matter that I would hardly use it or ever, if it's shiney and has weird name it's better.
    The "Robogrip", the "Pyro" pen, the thighmaster, oh, skip that last one.
    How many of you have 10 Vice-Grips? I ask ya.
    Every size and jaw type, Channel Locks, Crescents and for others, Spanners.
    It's the little ones get me every time, the Needle nose and Dikes the size of a tweezer, and yes even Tweezers.
    Sledge hammer, rubber Mallet, screw driver the size of tire iron, and a set the size of pin head, all tools needed for PC repair.
    I have dreams about that thermal imaging device I want one so bad.
    Please help me get over this by posting any really cool new tools and then I won't feel so alone.
    Jim

Re: Ta.a

Attached Files
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Oh man that hand grinder and ooh the Sawsall.
      You don't even have to work on the dining room table like I do, bet you do anyway,
      beers are closer.
      Jim

Comment

there's a mini fridge to the side of it. its not for alcohol though cos i dont drink and use power tools

cmon guys...post your workshop

i gotta say i love modular tool systems

Attached Files
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Re: Tools Anonymous

There is one tool I have yet to locate, any help is appreciated.
          I need the really small torx driver that fits the control board of the 2.5 hard drive.
          Not the larger one for the case but the biddyer one. I don't even know what size this would be, like 0001 or such.
          Jim

Comment

One of my favorites is the $1 ratchet driver I picked up at a flea market. It has a metal shaft with a phillips-head driver on one end and a flathead on the other, and a round head (one side translucent amber, one side flat black) where if you stick the rod in one side, it screws in like a ratchet, and if you flip the head, it unscrews like a ratchet. I had to get two. They're just cheap little things, made in the USA if I remember correctly, but they're handy to have around.
            You know there's something wrong when you open up a PSU and are glad to find Teapos.
            Why I don't buy cheap cases!

Comment

I totally understand Shroomie, if one's good... having two has got to be even better, I have to admit to a tool fetish as well, pretty much everything in the shed, or in the PC room (some where), I've even got tools still in thier packaging unopened

I haven't got welding gear or a lathe (yet), but I'm tooled up for any automotive repair & renovation job I can't talk my way out of LMAO

Jim, you mentioned a sledge hammer, and claimed that all your tools were for PC repairs... a sledge hammer is kinda' permanent eh?
              Viva LA Retro!

Comment

Oh no Taz, not just PC's, I fix Watches also.
                And Printers, I really fix printers, fix em good.
                My most important tools are, the right angle Makita driver,a crimping front cut nipper,and a small DMMeter.
                I install autopilots and need hydraulic plumbing tools on occasion.
                I cut big holes in really nice yachts for a living.
                Jim

Comment

I like doing the rounds of the garage sales on the weekend.

One sale had inherited some engine rebuild tools from a garage and didn't know their true worth.

Got a ridge removing tool and an old style professional cylinder hone - all up over $500 value for $10 bucks.

Then got a big box of Sidchrome sockets and wrenches at another one for $20.

Good to have a win now and again.

Now to find the time to do engine rebuilds!!!

Comment

just bought a sunnen honing machine for 25.00 at a yardsale.
                    a ton of stones and tooling came with it.
                    whats funny is the guy found it in the barn when he bought the place and didnt know what it was and only kept it because it has a light on it he used to keep from stumbling in the barn.he only put it in the sale because the bulbs burned out.
                    funny anyone could be so dumb to not be able to go to walmart and get 2 8w fluorescent tubes.

Comment

Working...
                    X