Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mul-3333?

MUL-3333?

Any one using one of these analog ESR meters?
    http://www.alphaepsilon.co.il/esr-me...el-mul3333.htm

Re: Mul-3333?

I just bought one that was made for Matt electronics. The exact same meter you pictured. It came with one page of instructions. They sound like they were written by someone with very limited english skills (MIC). They tell you how to put the batteries in....that's about it. They don't even tell which of the two plugs is + and which one is - . After googleing around I found a pic. of one with the + (red) probe plugged into the hole nearest the on/off switch.
    Now....if I just knew how to use the damn thing.

I've been googling around esr manuals and basic information pages. It may take a while , but I'll figure it out.

It would be nice to hear from someone who knows a little about the use and functionability of this meter.

Comment

if its only measuring esr then it shouldnt matter which lead is which.
      how much does it cost?
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

$50. It's described as an ESR tester. Electrolytic capacitor in circuit tester.
        Think I've been had????

Comment

i would prefer a digital one but it looks like it has an appropriate range so yes its going to be useful. price is ok. can you post some pics?
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

I have this meter and its garbage.

Its resolution between 0 and 1 ohm is very small and this is most important one.

On-Off switch went bad after a while.

Right now it have some other contact problem that I did not troubleshoot yet.

Scale is cheap one.... Electronic circit is using 2 LM393 as I remember. Circuit design seems to be very good one but because they are using cheap analog meter they had to compensate range..

I am planing to take the board out and make this meter with a new large high quality meter...

Comment

The accuracy sounds like you could only use it as go no go more or less

Since Low ESR is important with MB.....some what less then an ohm would have to do

ESR usually goes big time from what I know,
              others here would be better to comment on that thought.

so it should be ok for that
              just not accurate for getting a definitive reading of low ESR caps

There are a few project circuits on the net too...
              also links would have been posted in different threads on these forums.

here's a google esr meter circuit

I would say at a guess that meter is based on one of these circuits.

skafiskafnjak if you dont mind some internal pics of the PCB would be nice
              (back of pcb too )

BTW
              Probably (not sure thought) the *cheapest digital you could buy is the production Version of Bob Parkers ESR meter......
              EVB ESR meter

see willawakes post Here for details on it and links.

The kit as far as I am aware is now no longer available
              (at this point anyway)

*cheapest in this case does not mean a cheaply designed meter

HTH

Cheers
              You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

I wish my ESR meter repaired in circuit electrolytic caps, it just checks them. The web site has very goodly Engrish usage also!

Comment

Working...
                X