Blade BM7000s Satellite reciever PSU issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade BM7000s Satellite reciever PSU issue

Hi all, Hope everyone is well. Need some help please.

I have a Blade BM7000s SAT receiver that is determined to be a PSU issue.
    There is an issue that could happen known as the 'blinking red light'
    and a software/reset type solution works in many cases and if not
    it is determined as a PSU problem.

Those who have had their PSU replaced or repaired then have working units again.

Mine is the aforementioned PSU problem.

I have uploaded 2 start up pics for starting purposes.
    I have replaced a 47uf 450v (large brown) and 100uf cap (marked red)as they were laying around but the problem is still there.

I have tested the power output points and only the 5v (marked red) has power, with the ctl (marked red)also having 3v.

The rest have nothing.

As the front red led is blinking, there is a buzzing noise that is also present that syncs with the led flashes. Higher buzz with led on and lower when blinking off.

I would welcome any advice or clues. Thank you
    Attached Files

Re: Blade BM7000s Satellite reciever PSU issue

I guess the standby voltage (5V) is o.k. if it is constant, or is it going on and off all the time? Did you check the diodes for short?

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
      I guess the standby voltage (5V) is o.k. if it is constant, or is it going on and off all the time? Did you check the diodes for short?
      Hi CapLeaker. Is that particular 5v for standby? It is constant at exactly 5v. Only the standby LED flashes.

I have only tested the zener diodes. Though I'm not sure if I get correct readings in circuit.
      Would I need to check all diodes out of circuit?

Thanks for looking into this.

Comment

Yeah, 5v is the standby and that is always on and goes to the main board. When you press the on button, the main board uses the control wire and tells the power supply to turn on all the other supply rails. So I am thinking there is a short on there some where on the power supply, or the main board has a problem. If you find a short in circuit, take it out or lift one leg and retest it again.
        You can force on any power supply that has standby voltage and a PSON pin with a 500 to 1k ohm resistor. Unplug the main board, and wire the standby to the control with a resistor. Once power is applied, the power supply should turn on and you should be able to measure all the voltage rails.

Comment

Hi all, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me regarding my 7000S.
          I've a completely different issue where the box boots fine but does not respond to either the remote or the front buttons.
          I've checked the PSU voltages and am concerned by one and wonder if anybody had tested there's during either a repair or PSU replacement.

The board has outputs printed as follows:-
          Gnd my value 0.0v
          23v my value 25.0v
          12v my value 12.3v
          Gnd my value 0.0v
          7.0v my value 11.2v ***
          7.0v my value 11.2v ***
          Gnd my value 0.0v
          5.0v my value 5.2v
          5.0v my value 5.2v
          Gnd my value 0.0v
          CT my value 3.3v (expected value unknown)
          12v my value 0.0v (Rail components missing on PSU so presumed OK)
          5.0v my value 5.5v

What concern's me is the 7v rail operating 11.2v
          Can anybody confirm the true load voltage of the 7v rail.

I'm just hoping someone can confirm these for me as I'm reluctant to purchase a new PSU in the off chance it may fix my fault.

Thanks All, Dave.

Comment

got any photo's?

Comment

did you reset the box or done a firmware upgrade?

Comment

Trace the 7volt line on the power supply board, does it go to a regulator ic? or does it just go back to the diodes off the transformer.
                It could also be that there is no load on that line so look on the main board for an open component (fuse, fuse resistor) on that line.
                If you remove the power supply and post a clear picture of the bottom of the board that would help.

Comment

appears to be to a pair of 31DF Diodes from the larger transformer
                  Yes, I've reset several times

Wouldnt 11.1v be a little high for a 7v rail with no load?
                  also the front buttons and remote appear to work from the rescue flash screen

I do wish i had a working unit for voltage comparison...

Thanks for your help guy's
                  Last edited by fingersd; 07-29-2015, 10:04 AM.

Comment

check the caps on the 7v line.

Comment

my thought exactly, there's 2, a 1000uf @ 25v plus a 470uf @ 16v (which i've already swapped out for a new components) and made no difference.
                      I've ordered a LM2596 adjustable step-down buck converter from ebay, I'll use that to regulate the 11.1v back down to 7v and see if that helps, it's not an ideal fix but will at least verify weather or not I need a new PSU or it's something else completely.
                      Cheers all.

Comment

Working...
                      X