Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Vaio VPC-SB26FG cannot power on

Hi,

Anybody out here have the boardview and schematics for this board?

My laptop just failed on me.
    laptop when plug in with ac or battery cannot power on and no light at all.

Adaptor is working good.

Thank you..

Re: Sony Vaio VPC-SB26FG cannot power on

give me the mother board code.

Comment

Originally posted by bappies7 View Post
      Hi,

Anybody out here have the boardview and schematics for this board?

My laptop just failed on me.
      laptop when plug in with ac or battery cannot power on and no light at all.

Adaptor is working good.

Thank you..
      If you get it can you add it to the schematics archive? I'd really like to see that thread as a sticky.
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=schematics

Comment

Originally posted by spidey View Post
        give me the mother board code.
        The motherboard code : V031_MP_10L_HDI_MB
        MBX-237 REV:1.2

The Power Board code : V030_MP_Docking_DB
        1P-1112J00-6012 REV:1.2
        CNX-458

Anybody have the schematics and boardview for the motherboard and power board?

Thank you.

Comment

Schematic :
          Attached Files

Comment

Schematic :
            Thank you so much for the mainboard schematics.

Do you have the schematics and boardview for the Power Board?

V030_MP_Docking_DB
            1P-1112J00-6012 REV:1.2
            CNX-458

I suspect it the powerboard that is not giving supply to the mainboard.

Comment

i dont have it. Can you put a photo of the powerboard.?

Comment

i dont have it. Can you put a photo of the powerboard.?
                Here the photos of the power board..

Comment

any follow up to add? I am unsure how to diagnose the board; but am having identical problems. my situation is rather urgent so I am tempted to have a new board flown here immediately. I would like to improve my odds of success here; and perhaps spare myself some uneeded expense. I am away from home and my tools limited. of possible use available is: a dated main board seriel/usb diagnostic tool, a ttl-usb adaptor, simple gas soldering iron, multimeter, aftermarket battery charger, two external batteries, and the usual assortment of drivers picks and files.. the typical bag of a geek on vacation. I am moderately experienced; but given the tools I have one could see how I have come to the similar conclusion. I am open to suggestion, including Macguyver fixes. otherwise I'll drop a bill, cross my fingers and watch the skys for my plane coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by bappies7 View Post
                    Here the photos of the power board..

which connector goes to power plug ? And which is for the power of MB ? It looks the charging circuit on this board. have you measured anything on the board ? black and red cables for example.

Comment

Is that a fuse on the LHS in the first picture near the big black thingy? Maybe check that first.

Comment

Hi there,
                        I would like to join the club of a non powering on Sony VAIO VPC-SB26FG user. Since Sony wants nearly $1300 for a new mainboard it is worth to check for possible issues. I have seen so many MBX-237 that were faulty and the only option to fix them was to replace them.
                        With all VPC-SB/SA units it is never the power board that is causing unit not to power on, its always the mainboard. The only time power board requires replacing is when the battery charge LED is flashing rapidly.

Comment

this model got only a little bit shorted capasitor ......try to find it on main board it should be near cpu.i did already two same units with this problem but now i forgot about the location of component.....but i am sure u will find it

Comment

no worries, thanks for that. If I post image of the board would you be able to point where that capacitor is?

Comment

Any updates? Im having the same problem with this board.

Comment

I have the same problem. It was working on the battery and I plugged the AC connector and it just died on me. I checked and the power board supplies 3.3 V to the battery. Which board should I replace? Motherboard or power?

Comment

It's always the mainboard in my case. I got a reply to the same thread on another forum board:

problem connected to the connector on the module CN9
                                  measure voltage on pin 5 of PQ14
                                  voltage on PL16, PL17
                                  cathode voltage PD27
                                  voltage pin 19, 14, 32, 7 of PU121

I checked my mainboard and pretty much all of them have shorted pins on the mainboards, where you connect power board with 3 connectors to the mainboard. Please check your mainboard and confirm that the cables (not the brown one flex cable) are shorted.

Mike

Comment

I just ordered a new motherboard. I'll get back to you after replacing the board. Sony should recalled these boards. They definitely have poor voltage protection circuit, and unfortunately all components are integrated on the board. Basically you are swapping the whole computer lol. I am an EE but I don't have proper equipment to fix this board but the schematic is neat. Good job.

Could you post the link to the other forum?
                                    Last edited by chat007; 07-24-2013, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ktokolwiek2 View Post
                                      It's always the mainboard in my case. I got a reply to the same thread on another forum board:

problem connected to the connector on the module CN9
                                      measure voltage on pin 5 of PQ14
                                      voltage on PL16, PL17
                                      cathode voltage PD27
                                      voltage pin 19, 14, 32, 7 of PU121

I checked my mainboard and pretty much all of them have shorted pins on the mainboards, where you connect power board with 3 connectors to the mainboard. Please check your mainboard and confirm that the cables (not the brown one flex cable) are shorted.

Mike
                                      Thanks Mike I will check those! I have checked the cables that connect to the motherboard the smaller one cable with 6 pins all have 19.5V testing the power board by itself then the bigger connector with with 10 connectors only the first pin white cable has 19.5V the rest all show 0.0V I then connect the power board to the motherboard and now all show -0.0V even the small connector which previously showed 19.5V will report later any changes, any help will be much appreciated!
                                      Attached Files

Comment

I checked those pins in the photo before while connected to MB and they were all at 0 V but the connection to the battery had 3.3 V which tells me the power board seems fine but the MB is shorted somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                        X