Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netgear WNDR3700 - Isolate one LAB port

Hi,
    I want to make one LAN port of my new router, be completely isolated from the rest. Like, cannot access anything on it. Preferable also unable to access the Netgear Web UI. See, I'm trying to create a throttled guest network that I can give people access to. But I can't use the built in guest functionality on the Netgear because it doesn't allow me to set a speed limit. So I have my old router which is a Valet M20 running DD-WRT... I used QoS to limit it to 100Kbps :P
    But right now I've got Cable Modem -> Netgear -> DD-WRT
    Everything else on the Netgear is my internal network, which I need to operate normally. Any ideas?
    Last edited by shovenose; 05-26-2013, 12:22 AM.

Re: Netgear WNDR3700 - Isolate one LAB port

I have my router (guest) wireless port isolated from my LAN. Look under "Router Status" to see settings. "Wireless Settings" to turn on/off:
    "Wireless Isolation. If ON, isolate each connected wireless client to connect to internet only and not allow to access other wireless clients, Ethernet clients or this device." (I'm running stock WNDR3700 firmware; not DD-WRT)

P.S. - I haven't recapped my WNDR3700 yet, but I bought parts to do the antenna mod too, when I get around to it.

Comment

Pretty much the way I do it. My guest network consist of a WRT54G running DD-WRT, no rate limit, but ALL P2P connectivity is blocked. (no torrenting), and DNS-based ad/tracker blocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemingray View Post
        Pretty much the way I do it. My guest network consist of a WRT54G running DD-WRT, no rate limit, but ALL P2P connectivity is blocked. (no torrenting), and DNS-based ad/tracker blocking.
        What would be the best way to block P2P?

Comment

Working...
        X