Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSI CR400 no display

Originally posted by dycc View Post
    do you check the voltage without the cpu ???????
    the isl6262 is the driver of these mosfets so their gates are connected to it .

as you said you had already change it with a good one ,check if isl6262 is supplied with the 19v ;5v; and 3.3v; that is necessary for his functioning
    hi,

maybe i need to get another isl6262 for another test.
    will try later and post the result.

Comment

Originally posted by xaviero1412 View Post
      yes , i have one....

give you clues,
      your problem is not chipset failure.
      your problem is not ISL6262 failure.
      thats for sure....
      can you give us the solution?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fddizon View Post
        is it possible to flash msi bios without display?
        acer can flash it without display.

regards

Hi,
        You need a flash programmer device to flash your BIOS my friend.

Comment

What voltage of tantalum did you use sir? 2.5v? Did you removed the NEC/Tokin type capacitor and then put the smd capacitors on the terminal both ways with proper orientation? If all are correct then it is possible that reflowing the gpu might caused the damaged? I just hope i'm wrong with this one.

For me, it works with all the MSI CR400 with Nvidia I had repaired before, and today another one of MSI EX460 with ATI with power led lit up, sleep led also lit up and hdd led is lit up and no display. But I did first the basic procedures, clean the memory module, replaced with good one to isolate. then, removed the cmos battery to reset the board settings, also removed keyboard,odd and hdd to be sure if something is wrong or triggering the no display problem and with only the board, processor and memory still to no avail. Also did replaced the processor and yet no luck.
          That's the time i added two 330uf tantalum first besides the vacant capacitor terminal at the processor and voila it works for me again.

Comment

same model cm here for repair is dead complete 2 cap is 1 near processor and 1 back side layer some one 9 how can i change cap o ?

Comment

Originally posted by kenttech16 View Post
              What voltage of tantalum did you use sir? 2.5v? Did you removed the NEC/Tokin type capacitor and then put the smd capacitors on the terminal both ways with proper orientation? If all are correct then it is possible that reflowing the gpu might caused the damaged? I just hope i'm wrong with this one.

For me, it works with all the MSI CR400 with Nvidia I had repaired before, and today another one of MSI EX460 with ATI with power led lit up, sleep led also lit up and hdd led is lit up and no display. But I did first the basic procedures, clean the memory module, replaced with good one to isolate. then, removed the cmos battery to reset the board settings, also removed keyboard,odd and hdd to be sure if something is wrong or triggering the no display problem and with only the board, processor and memory still to no avail. Also did replaced the processor and yet no luck.
              That's the time i added two 330uf tantalum first besides the vacant capacitor terminal at the processor and voila it works for me again.
              kent,

thanks for the reply. i used 4 tantalum capacitors without removing the proadlizer capacitor. just tapped on the proadlizer pads.
              i just did a mild reflow on the gpu which i think not destructive.
              i used tantalum capacitors taken from defective motherboards.
              will try again tonight.

thanks
              Francis

Comment

100% it's a nec token damage problem. try with capacitors 330mf x 4.

Comment

Originally posted by masud View Post
                  masud,

i did put 4 330uf capacitors but not removing the proadlizer. do i have to remove it?

regards

Comment

masud,

i did put 4 330uf capacitors but not removing the proadlizer. do i have to remove it?

regards
                    Rainbow done something like it and it worked for him, see here at this link
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...92&postcount=8

Comment

Originally posted by trebo View Post
                      Rainbow done something like it and it worked for him, see here at this link
                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...92&postcount=8
                      trebo,

if that is the case then, the proadlizer might be good and not defective.

maybe the gpu is really shorted.

tnx

Comment

kent,

thanks for the reply. i used 4 tantalum capacitors without removing the proadlizer capacitor. just tapped on the proadlizer pads.
                        i just did a mild reflow on the gpu which i think not destructive.
                        i used tantalum capacitors taken from defective motherboards.
                        will try again tonight.

thanks
                        Francis
                        I just thought you removed the proadlizer cap and then replaced it with tantalum. Well, you can do it also without removing the proadlizer by putting smd caps 2-3 to vacant pads just besides the proadlizer area as shown on the attached picture for smd caps. It always works for me. Just let me know what happened.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by masud View Post
                          Agree 100%!!! Because it always works for me every time I had that kind of problem with that model and the likes.

Comment

what i did earlier is this to no avail.
                            i soldered 4 330uf caps to solid wires and tapped it to proadlizer pads, the same result.

will try to solder the caps on suggested pads.

tnx
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by fddizon; 11-07-2012, 11:16 PM.

Comment

I think your problem is the same with toshiba satellite L300 series,if you are familiar with this one and if not you can search it here. The NEC/TOKIN is the culprit, it is the same with the one on top of the cpu (encircle in red) see attachment. Try to replace it with smd capacitor 4 X 330 uf 2.5v.

I've already tried and repaired 5 more of this model and and voila it works for
                              me. Before I also thought it was the Nvidia gpu was the problem, tried reflow and yet no luck then i suddenly realize the capacitor is the same with NEC/TOKIN from Satellite L300.

Hope this works for you.Good luck and let me know what happened.

Ken,

your a pro bro. it worked when i put 3 caps with marking NEa JE8 capacitors. too bad that the processor overheats and turn off after a few minutes.(overheat protection) i guess the capacitors value does not fit with the solution.

i am ordering 4 330uf 2.5v tantalum capacitors later. will update you soon.

thanks and regards
                              Last edited by fddizon; 01-19-2013, 07:44 PM.

Comment

fddizon,

Hi any update regarding this kind of problem?.. I have the same problem on my cr400. did you tried 4 330UF 2.5V tantalum capacitor. Did it fixed the problem?? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by markuz1787 View Post
                                  fddizon,

Hi any update regarding this kind of problem?.. I have the same problem on my cr400. did you tried 4 330UF 2.5V tantalum capacitor. Did it fixed the problem?? thanks!
                                  markuz,

not tried with 330uf yet.
                                  but im sure it will go good with it.
                                  i used lower capacitance and display showed, meaning it will work as ken assured. mine turns off after a while, because i used different capacitors unlike suggested.

regards.
                                  give it a go bro...
                                  Last edited by fddizon; 02-12-2013, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by markuz1787 View Post
                                    fddizon,

Mark,

Tried and tested and so far for me it works without any conflict with the performance of the laptop. It is just the same with Toshiba Satellite issues with Nec/Tokin cap.

Give it try first and hoping and looking for you to fix it as i did.

good luck then

Comment

Hi,

when powered on, no display, fan spinning, power led is lit, sleep led is lit.
                                      5v 3.3v alw are ok. coils near cpu has .01 and .02 volts.

what does this mean?
                                      pre...anim na 330 capacitors mag work yan for xure!!

Comment

tomadachi,

i did your suggestions to no avail. still no display, fan spins no vccore voltage.
                                        pre try moh 6 na 330 na capacitors...gagana yan for sure

Comment

Mark,

Tried and tested and so far for me it works without any conflict with the performance of the laptop. It is just the same with Toshiba Satellite issues with Nec/Tokin cap.

Give it try first and hoping and looking for you to fix it as i did.

good luck then
                                          Hi ken,

Im having problem finding the 330uf 2.5v tantalum capacitor at manila Philippines. Do you know where i can find it here?

Thanks
                                          Mark

Comment

Working...
                                          X