Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting TVs and Video Sources
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2016, 02:48 AM   #41
midsomerjambo

City & State: Wiltshire
My Country: UK
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: Panasonic SC-BT230 Blu-ray Home Cinema

I've taken the box to bits as far as removing the lid, front panel, BD drive, and power supply module. The PSM doesn't show any obvious major signs of defect but there are a few toffee-like deposits on the bottom of the PCB which I guess could be just flux deposits that weren't cleaned properly (thinks back to apprentice days and floods of Arklone). That said, there is a bit of a burnt PCB smell in the area of main transformer. Incidentally, before I took it apart, when I forced it to shut down (power off held for 10 seconds or so) I was getting a faint and brief F61 error on the display but when I switched it back on it didn't show.

I'm going to put it back together now and do some voltage checks as per the earlier advice so it's out with the trusty DVM.

Regards, MSJ
midsomerjambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:31 AM   #42
joegalati

City & State: New South Wales
My Country: Australia

Hi midsomerjambo,
The symptoms you describe are exactly the same as I am having with my Panasonic BT337. They are almost identical models I believe.

Mine had been repeating the "Please Wait" message for the past couple of years, once or twice a year, but power cable out/in always seemed to fix it until today.

Just wondering if you had discovered anything since your last message.

Cheers,
joe
joegalati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:57 AM   #43
joegalati

City & State: New South Wales
My Country: Australia

Update: This thread has similar content http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=679049 which discussed possibility of faulty capacitor C5712 as the cause of issues.

I replaced C5712 on my BT337. The replaced cap was exact same specs as original capacitor.

No joy - issue "Please Wait" loop still persists.

Would appreciate any ideas that haven't already been mentioned above if someone comes across this thread.

Thanks in advance.
joegalati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:22 AM   #44
jjalert

City & State: Columbia, SC
My Country: USA

Old thread, but most of the issues I've seen on these is with the 10uF 50v caps, usually C5726 near the heatsink, but I generally replace C5798 as well.

I'm guessing the extra heat put out by the power supply when these things are configured to "fast boot" (i.e. not really power off) is baking C5726 since it's right under that heatsink and gets no air flow. Not really the best design.
jjalert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:24 PM   #45
TheDragon

My Country: UK - 230 v
Line Voltage: 230VAC 50Hz

Hi all, cannot believe this thread still going. I'm the OP.
Never found a fix for mine. Just piled up for another day.

Side not: non of the PSU caps look blown or other caps that I ca visually tell.
This F61 is so prevalent, I cannot believe panny don't know about it.
TheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:38 PM   #46
TheDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjalert View Post
Old thread, but most of the issues I've seen on these is with the 10uF 50v caps, usually C5726 near the heatsink, but I generally replace C5798 as well.

I'm guessing the extra heat put out by the power supply when these things are configured to "fast boot" (i.e. not really power off) is baking C5726 since it's right under that heatsink and gets no air flow. Not really the best design.
I've just found a thread on here referring to what you've also stated.
I'm going to give it a shot. Thx

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59839

Last edited by TheDragon; 11-21-2017 at 03:40 PM..
Old 11-21-2017, 04:39 PM   #47
R_J
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: ☻
My Country: Canada
I'm a: Professional Tech

I just repaird one of these, Its fault was when the power button was pushed, only the relay clicked on then off. no power led or display, This fault was intermitint also. All voltages from the power supply where there for a second when the relay closed.
The fault I found was R7003 (3.3 ohm) was basically open (75 ohms), 12 volts is fed through it to the front panel where display voltages are produced but -9 volts is also produced and sent back to the main board.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sa-bt230-r7003.JPG (251.1 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by R_J; 11-21-2017 at 04:45 PM..
R_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:33 AM   #48
TheDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_J View Post
I just repaird one of these, Its fault was when the power button was pushed, only the relay clicked on then off. no power led or display, This fault was intermitint also. All voltages from the power supply where there for a second when the relay closed.
The fault I found was R7003 (3.3 ohm) was basically open (75 ohms), 12 volts is fed through it to the front panel where display voltages are produced but -9 volts is also produced and sent back to the main board.
At the moment, I'm not having that issue though perhaps I should check it out.
I have just changed the two caps mentioned previously and the problem still exists.

I went back to disconnecting the ribbon cable from the logic board to the amp board and as before the unit stays on. I can explore all menus etc.
As I was playing around, I inserted a dvd. The read prompts on screen/display then immediately freezes, loosing the hdmi connection.
Does not respond to unit buttons or remote.

After a reconnect, I tried the dvd again, same again - freezes.
I then tried a USB and SD slots. Plays the jpgs and mp3s fine (albeit no sound).

So, now I'm thinking either something wrong with logic board OR the blu-ray drive. Disconnecting drive shuts off the system.

The whole thing is baffling