Panasonic SC-BT230 Blu-ray Home Cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic SC-BT230 Blu-ray Home Cinema

I've taken the box to bits as far as removing the lid, front panel, BD drive, and power supply module. The PSM doesn't show any obvious major signs of defect but there are a few toffee-like deposits on the bottom of the PCB which I guess could be just flux deposits that weren't cleaned properly (thinks back to apprentice days and floods of Arklone). That said, there is a bit of a burnt PCB smell in the area of main transformer. Incidentally, before I took it apart, when I forced it to shut down (power off held for 10 seconds or so) I was getting a faint and brief F61 error on the display but when I switched it back on it didn't show.

I'm going to put it back together now and do some voltage checks as per the earlier advice so it's out with the trusty DVM.

Regards, MSJ

Comment

Hi midsomerjambo,
      The symptoms you describe are exactly the same as I am having with my Panasonic BT337. They are almost identical models I believe.

Mine had been repeating the "Please Wait" message for the past couple of years, once or twice a year, but power cable out/in always seemed to fix it until today.

Just wondering if you had discovered anything since your last message.

Cheers,
      joe

Comment

Update: This thread has similar content https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=679049 which discussed possibility of faulty capacitor C5712 as the cause of issues.

I replaced C5712 on my BT337. The replaced cap was exact same specs as original capacitor.

No joy - issue "Please Wait" loop still persists.

Would appreciate any ideas that haven't already been mentioned above if someone comes across this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Old thread, but most of the issues I've seen on these is with the 10uF 50v caps, usually C5726 near the heatsink, but I generally replace C5798 as well.

I'm guessing the extra heat put out by the power supply when these things are configured to "fast boot" (i.e. not really power off) is baking C5726 since it's right under that heatsink and gets no air flow. Not really the best design.

Comment

Hi all, cannot believe this thread still going. I'm the OP.
            Never found a fix for mine. Just piled up for another day.

Side not: non of the PSU caps look blown or other caps that I ca visually tell.
            This F61 is so prevalent, I cannot believe panny don't know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by jjalert View Post
              Old thread, but most of the issues I've seen on these is with the 10uF 50v caps, usually C5726 near the heatsink, but I generally replace C5798 as well.

I'm guessing the extra heat put out by the power supply when these things are configured to "fast boot" (i.e. not really power off) is baking C5726 since it's right under that heatsink and gets no air flow. Not really the best design.
              I've just found a thread on here referring to what you've also stated.
              I'm going to give it a shot. Thx

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59839
              Last edited by TheDragon; 11-21-2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

I just repaird one of these, Its fault was when the power button was pushed, only the relay clicked on then off. no power led or display, This fault was intermitint also. All voltages from the power supply where there for a second when the relay closed.
                The fault I found was R7003 (3.3 ohm) was basically open (75 ohms), 12 volts is fed through it to the front panel where display voltages are produced but -9 volts is also produced and sent back to the main board.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by R_J; 11-21-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                  I just repaird one of these, Its fault was when the power button was pushed, only the relay clicked on then off. no power led or display, This fault was intermitint also. All voltages from the power supply where there for a second when the relay closed.
                  The fault I found was R7003 (3.3 ohm) was basically open (75 ohms), 12 volts is fed through it to the front panel where display voltages are produced but -9 volts is also produced and sent back to the main board.
                  At the moment, I'm not having that issue though perhaps I should check it out.
                  I have just changed the two caps mentioned previously and the problem still exists.

I went back to disconnecting the ribbon cable from the logic board to the amp board and as before the unit stays on. I can explore all menus etc.
                  As I was playing around, I inserted a dvd. The read prompts on screen/display then immediately freezes, loosing the hdmi connection.
                  Does not respond to unit buttons or remote.

After a reconnect, I tried the dvd again, same again - freezes.
                  I then tried a USB and SD slots. Plays the jpgs and mp3s fine (albeit no sound).

So, now I'm thinking either something wrong with logic board OR the blu-ray drive. Disconnecting drive shuts off the system.

The whole thing is baffling

Comment

Hello TheDragon!

Not sure if you could solve your problem with your Panasonic SC-BT230 Blu-ray Home Cinema, I did cleaning with a clean contact spray. For that I have to open the equipment and loosen all connections, after cleaning reconnected all and returned to work, I hope it helps those looking for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X