Sony XBR49X900E no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony XBR49X900E no picture

Did anyone that was having this no 12v at tcon fuse try a replacement mainboard? I managed to kill mine but it may have already been bad, not sure.

Comment

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I have a XBR-49X900F that is having similar issues. It powers up but only displays an irregular blue screen and plays the "spa" music that someone described. Cannot see any images on the screen. Backlights seem to be working. I cannot change inputs or get any sound other than the spa/new age music.

Comment

guess the nand has reached its "end of life" I have one of these crap tvs also, not investing any more in it tho. guess they want about 50 bucks for a programmed nand, then it needs to be soldered on the board.

Comment

nand?

Comment

eeprom, nand, spi-flash, its memory, somehow the braintrust that makes these tvs has decided that this nand chip should only last for just a certain amount of functioning before it is all used up, its pure BS, I don't think all the makers are doing it but sony sure is.

Comment

can't guarantee its the problem, but I was suspecting my nand chip, then a very knowledgeable member told me he's done a lot of them.

Comment

It was William1967, thanks Will1967, emmc chip: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107546

Comment

I've been suspecting a problem with the main board just by the way my set is acting. But unlike the problem in the thread you referenced I do have backlights but nothing other than an irregular blue screen. The only sound I get is the spa/new wave music which I'm guessing is from the start screen. What the OP of this thread describes is almost exactly what I'm dealing with. I've tried all of the re-set procedures that were posted earlier in this thread with no results. Not sure what to do next.

Comment

read it over closely, the symptoms vary but include your symptoms and both backlight and no backlight and other various symptoms.

Comment

So it sounds like the emmc/nand on the mb is most likely what's causing the problem. I started doing some searching for a replacement mb but my jaw dropped when I saw some of the prices. I bought the set for $15 so I have a little wiggle room but didn't want to put $100 plus into it. Sounds like if I do find another mb I'll also have to figure out how to pair it to the tv. I've never had to do that with any sets I've worked on before but this is my first Sony.

I watched a video on YouTube where a guy with a Sony that was having very similar issues was able to fix his with a new t-con board. I may try that first because that board is a lot cheaper

Comment

The new t-con brd. fixed my tv. After installing it I had a picture and all functionality. The only problem I noticed was that the status light at the bottom was flashing green and orange in an alternating pattern. After doing a bit of research the flashing lights indicated incompatibility between the new t-con and the main brd. The way to fix it was to do a usb update which I did. The tv recognized the usb and started doing the update. After a few re-boots the tv shut down and did not come back on. I left things the way they were for a couple of hours but the tv never re-booted. Now it doesn't want to power up at all. I tried several different re-sets that I found online but none seemed to do anything except when I tried holding down the power and volume down buttons at the same time and then plugging in the pwr. cord. That generated a solid green light but nothing happened after that.

Where did I go wrong? What can I do now to get things back up and running?

Comment

It appears that the main board is now dead. I have no standby voltage(3.3V) and all 12V sources now show 24V. I waited a very long time after the usb update stopped responding before I tried powering up the tv again so I don't think that I caused the failure, hopefully.

Is there any way to bring the main board back to life now or is it doa?

Comment

Check youtube. Numerous videos.
                            I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I've been on YouTube a lot lately and think I've watched every video(including Nick's TV) there is regarding factory re-set power up procedures. The only trick that seems to do anything is holding pwr. and volume down buttons on the tv and then plugging in the pwr. cord. After a few seconds I get a steady green status light but nothing happens after that. This is regardless of whether the usb with the update file is plugged in or not, before or after the green light.

Comment

good video of emmc replacement by Nick's tv. Thank you Nicks, you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL123l67h6w
                                Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-06-2022, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X