• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RX 6700 XT PowerColor not recognized in any OS

Hello,

The title explains the issue. The additional information is:

- GPU was never disassembled
    - not recognized in Windows/Linux, not even with error, totally not recognized like it's not plugged in
    - GPU fans don't spin but work. When I turn on the system, the fans twitch for that second when I press the power button. Same thing happens when I power off the system.
    - GPU does not get hot no matter for how long I let it run even though not recognized

What I have to done so far:
    - played with the BIOS switch without any luck. OC/SILENT no result
    - opened the GPU replaced thermal paste and pads, inspected the hardware. GPU looks like brand new, no burns, corrosion etc. No luck.

If there is anything else I can provide to resolve the issue, let me know. I will provide all necessary information.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by martimarti; 03-31-2023, 09:42 AM.

Re: RX 6700 XT PowerColor not recognized in any OS

there is MANY videos on youtube how to basicly measure voltage rails

Comment

Maybe I am watching the wrong ones because I am unable to find a short circuit. Would you recommend any guide? I am trying to find out which component should be tested in which mode with the multimeter so I can get the proper readings. Sometimes continuity mode could mislead you.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Where can I find schematics of this GPU with all the correct values/measurements for resistance etc.?

Comment

That's the short according to the multimeter. Diode mode, 0.021v is what I'm getting. The one on the left reads 0.64v. How can I find the correct shorted component?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by martimarti View Post
            That's the short according to the multimeter. Diode mode, 0.021v is what I'm getting. The one on the left reads 0.64v. How can I find the correct shorted component?
            That circled 1R0 component is an inductor, my dude. You should get very low resistance across that. It should not short between either side and a ground plane, however.

Comment

dont need to have short. just measure voltages to know where card have stuck

Comment

Working...
              X