The exorcism - GSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The exorcism - GSC

This Epox EP-8KTA3L+ rev. 1.0 is an SDRAM board rated by Epox to suit up to Athlon XP2400+ Thoroughbred

It still worked, but for how long and how reliable with eleven bulging GSC 2200uf 10v
    Attached Files
    better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Re: The exorcism - GSC

GSCs are exorcised !
    Attached Files
    better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Replaced with Samxon GF 2200uf 10v (yes, I know Samxon GD to GA are supposed to be better, but I already had the GFs, and had used GFs to successfully fix another EP-8KTA3L+)

(In the last picture, it's not a scratch next to one of the solder joints, but a bit of lint from a paper towel used to clean up)
      Attached Files

Comment

Samxon of any kinds got to be better then GSC's period LOL

ok i'll have to leave it to those that know the samxon's range to comment on the suitability but by the sounds of it you are aware low ESR is really a "must" for VRM....

Yeah even though they had started to pop the VRM can still run somewhat smoothly for awhile but as time went on freezing or rebooting would have increased and be come more frequent even though you may not have been experiencing it yet.
        (As I've posted before, I am somewhat surprised it can still work "seemingly ok" with popped caps, although if you investigated it you will see it was far from working well)

So you pulled then none too soon really

Apart from me not knowing how suitable the caps series's is for VRM use
        well done

humm yeah paper towel probably not a good idea as you found out ...there are posts on removing flux and washing pcb around here somewhere.

Cheers
        Last edited by starfury1; 10-14-2007, 07:31 AM.
        You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

Paper towel was used to wipe off isopropyl alcohol used to clean up flux residue

Comment

I got curious about the Samxon GF series, so here's the linkage:

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Comment

Working...
            X