Gigabyte 7VKMP storage bad caps?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte 7VKMP storage bad caps?!

I took out my old Gigabyte 7VKMP botherboard today so I could put it into my Jukebox and have some good ol' fun. I bought this board many moons ago because it came with Japanese KZG and Sanyo caps. Today I take it out after a year or two in storage in my cupboard and I find there's a bad KZG 3300uf 6.3V cap!
    I could swear that ALL the caps were in good condition when I stored it away a while ago. I even went through the trouble of finding a cool and non-moisture place to store the boards!
    Seriously, what the hell happened? I didn't use the board AT ALL when it was in storage and prior to that I only used this board for about half a year before I retired it and put in a better board. :S

Attached Files
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Re: Gigabyte 7VKMP storage bad caps?!

KZG are bad caps.
    You stored used bad caps.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

ok, well i know that now.... always thought nippon chemicon caps were good. :S
      But my question still remains... how comes it didn't bulge before storage but it does it after i take it back out? chemical changes or the like while in storage?
      Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Either that or you just didn't notice.
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X