Raplace same rate - not same size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raplace same rate - not same size

What's happen if we raplace badcaps with good same rate but not same size? I want to replace 11 badcaps 1500uF-6.3V- 8mm by 1500uF-6.3V but ony 6mm. It run OK after it's replaced but it 's OK for long time? It can be broke again?

Re: Raplace same rate - not same size

If you're replacing them with good-quality capacitors, it'll be fine for a long time. As long as the rating is just as good, which it is, it shouldn't matter.
    You know there's something wrong when you open up a PSU and are glad to find Teapos.
    Why I don't buy cheap cases!

Comment

Generally the bigger the longer the life. But of course any branded cap will last at least as long as it is rated for.
      But 6mm sounds very small to me, so make shure the ratet life, esr and ripple current at least meet the original or exceed them. Then you are on the safe side. Due to some improvements like aqueouse elektrolyte it is possible to reduce cap size dramatically, but those caps are usually 2000h rated.

Comment

what brand/series of caps will you use to replace
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Re: Replace same rate - not same size

I replaced GSC 1500uF-6.3V-8mm with Nichicon 1500uF-6.3V-6mm. My replaced mainboard is Gigabyte EP-3WEM2. All caps are around CPU (near FETs). It ran OK for 3 days. Hope for more long time.

Comment

Working...
          X