Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acer Aspire A315-55 No Power(Strange Fault)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Aspire A315-55 No Power(Strange Fault)

Can Any One Tell My What The Benefit Of This Component (pq17) Becouse The Motherboard Was No Power And The (ACDET) Hase 0 Volt But When I Remove It The (ACDET) Hase 2.6 Volt And The Motherboard Is Working Ok.

Re: Acer Aspire A315-55 No Power(Strange Fault)

What is the voltage of ADP_ID on PJ2 ?

Which adapter are you using ?
    Attached Files

Comment

sorry this is attaches
      Attached Files
      Last edited by m.maher; 12-07-2021, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
        What is the voltage of ADP_ID on PJ2 ?

Which adapter are you using ?
        ADP_ID = 9.3 V

Adapter = 19V 3.42A 65W

Comment

PQ17 is biased on by the voltage divider PR230/PR235, so will short out the ACDET pin to the BQ24780 to ground (which will turn off your input FETS). ADP_ID is connected to the gate and the charging jack, and would need to drive the gate of PQ17 off to enable charging.

So I surmise that a genuine Acer charger will short this to ground (or have a low resistance value to ground) in order to charge. So check the DC Jack itself and the charger, particalarly if it's an aftermarket one. This is just a simplistic way of disabling charging if a non-genuine charger is used.

Comment

Originally posted by reformatt View Post
            PQ17 is biased on by the voltage divider PR230/PR235, so will short out the ACDET pin to the BQ24780 to ground (which will turn off your input FETS). ADP_ID is connected to the gate and the charging jack, and would need to drive the gate of PQ17 off to enable charging.

So I surmise that a genuine Acer charger will short this to ground (or have a low resistance value to ground) in order to charge. So check the DC Jack itself and the charger, particalarly if it's an aftermarket one. This is just a simplistic way of disabling charging if a non-genuine charger is used.
            You Right But You Mean that a genuine Acer charger will not short this to ground.
            anyway I Remove It And The Laptop Working Fine. Thanks For Help.

Comment

No, the ADP_ID line has to pull the gate of PQ17 low in order to switch it off. Thus the charger ADP_ID connection must be either ground or low Z. Removing the FET is not a solution, its a workaround.

Comment

Working...
              X