Clear All

Re: List of Bad Cap Manufacturers

Originally posted by b700029 View Post
    TF like these? http://capacitor.web.fc2.com/t_other.html

Nantong (or Nantung, depending on what part of their site you look at):
    http://www.nantongcapacitors.com/

They seem to make all the CDxxx series.

Thanks b700029
    Yes those are they. I thought I had checked a logo site, perhaps not the same one, or more likely just missed them.
    Seems a BIG company I dont like to dis them on my own observations. Cant see them mentioned as good or bad or even anywhere on Badcaps Forum has anyone come across them and able to comment?
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I have a Dell PSU here from 1999 and it has nichicon, Rubycon, LXF, and LXJ. I haven't heard of the last 2 and didn't see them on the bad caps list so I am wondering if they are bad or not?

Comment

Nope. Probably just age and heat on those.
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
          Nope. Probably just age and heat on those.
          Not bad as in not working but bad as in not reliable compared to Sanyo, etc.

Comment

LFX and LFJ are series of NCC, a good cap brand.

Comment

where do I find the list of bad cap manufacturers. I am questioning a cap with the markings of "xicon" its a 470uF at 16vdc

Comment

Is it green or blue?
                Green=Xicon's Low ESR series
                Blue=Xicon's GP series

Comment

Here's a hint.
                  Mouser and Xicon have the same address in Texas.
                  http://www.macraesbluebook.com/searc...company=440357
                  http://www.mouser.com/contact/
                  I doubt Xicon actually manufactures[ed] caps.
                  There old site was www.xicon-passive.com but now that redirects to Mouser.
                  I think they were a rebranding distributor and not actually a manufacturer.
                  Mouser is phasing out Xicon caps and replacing with Lelon.
                  Last edited by PCBONEZ; 11-11-2011, 01:39 PM.
                  Mann-Made Global Warming.
                  - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                  -
                  You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                    Is it green or blue?
                    Green=Xicon's Low ESR series
                    Blue=Xicon's GP series
                    Its actually Yellow

Comment

Originally posted by 370forlife View Post
                      LFX and LFJ are series of NCC, a good cap brand.
                      Okay thank you for the info, I didn't know there were a bunch of sub brands

Comment

CapXon's:

http://i.imgur.com/QYlLo.jpg

Comment

I just pulled 10 TK 6.3 1800uf from a newer E-machine no name board with 8 leaking and 2 full blown. Either something else is wrong with this board (besides being an E-machine, lol)
                          Or you guys should definitely make sure that they are on the first list on this thread.
                          Pesti

Comment

tk is one of the most notorious brands
                            Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                            ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Same here. Someone just brought me an Acer that won't boot up. It has a cheap imitation Foxconn board. It's littered with Lelons and OST's. But the caps that are bulging and leaking are TK's. I'm not gonna waste my time with this one though since a new board with an LGA775 socket is only 20-30 bucks.

Comment

I swapped out four bloated R&C brand caps in a Space 600T digital set top box earlier this year. The machine would power off immediately after turning it on.

I didn't see R&C in the list, so it's probably just a generic Chinese make (in fact, the "Space" brand name is seemingly just as generic as the caps within). At the time, I only had access to equally generic S.I. caps from Jaycar Electronics, but they have held up so far. The machine now works fine, albeit missing the remote and having a password on the setup menu (it's not the default 0000 as most are).

Comment

S.I. are bad too, swapped a bunch in a Socket A motherboard.
                                  Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                                  Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                                  A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Not sure if its appropriate to post this here or start a new thread; but is there a corresponding list of the known high quality caps manufacturers ?

I'm thinking maybe the top 5 brands or something...

I've done a quick search but cant find anything so far.

All I have managed to find upto now from my web searching is that the Panasonic FM and FC series seem to be highly regarded.

Comment

Originally posted by WonkeyDonkey View Post
                                      I'm thinking maybe the top 5 brands or something...
                                      From the FAQ

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2280
                                      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                                        Ah thanks for that link. I had searched for 'high quality capacitor recommendations' or something like that and not got anywhere.

Comment

Has anyone seen SHI capacitors - I know, someone actually chose to call their capacitors SHI(R) without the T.

Tried google but no joy....

I have a 10uF, 25v with 1.6ohm ESR and wanted to see the specs for a replacement (see Paulmann electronic transformer thread)

Comment

Working...
                                          X