Hitachi HCG FA Capacitor Date Code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitachi HCG FA Capacitor Date Code?

Hi - do large capacitors have a date code? Just wondering - there are 3 Hitachi 10000MFD 450 VDC capacitors (in parallel) in an Intense Pulsed Light machine which is about 3 years old. The capacitor model number is HCG FA. Also on the front are the markings 2X B7. A stamp on the base of each capacitor says A7088. Is this a date code of some sort? If so, does anyone know what it means?

I found a Tantalum Capacitor Date Code Table in the Data Sheet with a few date codes but not much help in this case.

Thanks very much - Tony

Re: Hitachi HCG FA Capacitor Date Code?

I got a very quick reply after contacting the Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. via their web site. They said the HCG FA had not been produced for 15 years and after seeing photos confirmed they were counterfeits.

Dimensions of the black case are 90mm diameter, 170mm high. Terminals are additional height of about 10mm. My simple Fluke digital meter measures the capacitance of each at just under 10,000uF.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi
      Need help i want to know the date code marking for
      Hitachi HCGF6A 15000MFD 400VDC
      DATE: 25 A7 ?
      Regards

Comment

I suggest contacting Hitachi Chemical.
        There are no documents explaining their manufacturing and lot number codes, that I could find. Also these caps are popular for chinese counterfeits.

If it's a old DC-link cap, and you need to reform the dielectric, I would follow ABB's advice below; 1hour per year of storage.
        Method 2 is current-limited charging, Method 1 is the drive powered up but stopped.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is some additional information on Hitachi fake capacitors http://sound.whsites.net/fake/hitachi-caps.htm

Comment

Working...
          X