Can This Be Done and if so How ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can This Be Done and if so How ?

I have a sat receiver that will record to usb thumb drive and a tv that will play the recorded file without issue.

Is there an off-the-shelf in-line device that will satisfy usb protocols and buffer the output and feed it to the input so as to play the output in real or near-real time ?

Re: Can This Be Done and if so How ?

no.

Comment

That was concise.

Comment

yes, i wanted to be clear and specific.

both devices are looking for a filesystem before they concern themselves with the file itself.
        also both devices are acting as "master" initiating the action.

Comment

I thought for that reason there could be no instantaneous transfer of data but I'm sure a savvy programmer could emulate a filesystem on either end and use a buffer instead of a real file. That's why I asked if there was an off-the-shelf solution instead of using pc's.

I figured it was a rare enough idea that I would ask about it

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Transf...V90EGXGA2TCQVC

Ive never even got these to work on Windows, let alone some embedded *Nix and RTOS systems...
            Last edited by goontron; 08-31-2017, 01:39 PM.
            Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

i think those used special software drivers to emulate serial-over-usb or ethernet-over-usb.

Comment

^ Exactly. Thats all we got, so if OP wants to build drivers for it all... Well, have fun.
                Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
                X