Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenovo G50-30 Completely dead, no lights at all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lenovo G50-30 Completely dead, no lights at all.

I understand, i will buy you beers when i visit Chicago again
    Please if you have time check my other thread, it's a Acer 5810T and it's the 3rd and last laptop that is completely dead.
    Thank you once again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMidnight View Post
      Okay good, now we know where the 20V stops.

Next, measure voltage on PQ302 pin 4. If it's 0V then PQ302 is probably bad. If pin 4 is around 20V, then unplug the power and check for a short between PQ302 pins 5-8 (they're all connected) and ground.

If there is a short, then it will be time for a fun short-finding expedition.

If there is no short, then measure all pins on PU301 (20 pins total). Also measure all pins on PQ306, PQ308, PQ309, and PQ310 (they each have 6 pins).

Waiting for messages back and forth is the longest part. Better to do as much measuring as possible.

I'm off to bed. Be back later.

hi, i have the same problem here. In my case, yes there is short between PQ302 pin 5-8 and the ground. would you please help me what i have to do next?

Comment

i have pq301 and pq302 15v , so i believe that those two must be replaced ?

Comment

i get 15volt on PQ301 and PQ302, is it ok ?

Originally posted by BlueMidnight View Post
          Okay good, now we know where the 20V stops.

Next, measure voltage on PQ302 pin 4. If it's 0V then PQ302 is probably bad. If pin 4 is around 20V, then unplug the power and check for a short between PQ302 pins 5-8 (they're all connected) and ground.

If there is a short, then it will be time for a fun short-finding expedition.

If there is no short, then measure all pins on PU301 (20 pins total). Also measure all pins on PQ306, PQ308, PQ309, and PQ310 (they each have 6 pins).

Waiting for messages back and forth is the longest part. Better to do as much measuring as possible.

I'm off to bed. Be back later.

Comment

Thank you, your topics save my dead laptop!

Comment

Originally posted by Andreasbest View Post
              I tested PC307 on circuit measures 180Ω ,when i removed it i got 10MΩ and was increasing for as long i was taking measure 11MΩ,12ΜΩ,13ΜΩ and so on.
              PQ304 has 20v an all three pins, PQ305 has 20v only on pin 1,PQ301 has 20v on all pins.
              I removed PQ304 from circuit and gives no measures at all, with black on pin 2 and red on 1-3 and the opposite with multimeter in diode mode.
              Just to make sure, PQ304 pin 2 is the one that is directly connected with the pin 1 of PQ305, correct?
              Also in Ω mode the PQ304 shows various resistance on all pin combinations, i think the pin 1 should not give any resistance at all.
              Now i'm confused though, how is it possible the PQ304 to be faulty but the same time to have output 20V to PQ305 that hasn't output at all?!
              Hi,
              I have exactly the same problem with my G50-30. However since I'm newbie and my proffesion is of totaly different type, I can not find where this capacitior (PC307) is located on the circuit. I simply can not find it

Comment

Also for me PQ302 mofset was broken after some measurements I took and stopped the current to flow through. Replaced it and now I got a proper opening laptop!

Comment

Hi guys.
                  Thank you for the recording. This page is great!
                  Great help in troubleshooting.

Comment

Hi , new here. Happy to see this post as will help me. as ive just stuffed same board. After a short on power supply ( Frayed cable due to hinge problem) i put power 20v on the dc In......However not realising i put 20 v to centre pin Doh...Yes we had smoke.
                    PQ301 Is completely fried and also notice it may have got to the super IO as it stinks.
                    Onwards and upwards :-)

Comment

20V to the centre pin-KBC is 100% fried.

Comment

that's right the center pin of the lenovo laptop with this kind of supply is directly connected to the super io so say goodbye to your super io. its difficult to find replacement of that ic because it has a built in eeprom program specially build for the lenovo brand. gud luck with that!!!
                        Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Originally posted by Duranitron View Post
                          that's right the center pin of the lenovo laptop with this kind of supply is directly connected to the super io so say goodbye to your super io. its difficult to find replacement of that ic because it has a built in eeprom program specially build for the lenovo brand. gud luck with that!!!
                          IT8586e is the kbc you are talking about?? Its very easily available in market and programming the kbc is not difficult if one has proper tools.

Comment

oops sorry about that confused with the super io with kbc my bad!
                            Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Working...
                            X