HELP! Surface-Mount Wire Soldering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Surface-Mount Wire Soldering

Hi! I've got this (see picture) issue. Small circuit board, 100% circuit mount, one side. Solder is stuck on the connections! How do I clean off this tiny board? None of the joints can be shorting out. I only have a few tools to scrape and pry, a soldering and desoldering iron, and a desoldering pump. I need a fresh start. On all 6 points, there will be a wire soldered which is hard enough. Basically, I need to clean this little PCB and get all the solder off of these connection points so nothing shorts out. Thanks!

Re: HELP! Surface-Mount Wire Soldering

I can't really see what you're trying to do, but desoldering braid is excellent for removing solder.
    Attached Files

Comment

Where can I purchase this desoldering braid? I would get it at RadioShack but my location closed. I wonder, if Wal-Mart would have it. If not, then I might just have to go to Amazon. Basically, on this small surface-mount board, the solder won't come off of the connection points, it's like attracted to the board or something

EDIT: I realize you are in England. I will go check tonight
      Last edited by Vitam; 09-12-2017, 03:38 PM. Reason: location

Comment

It's available on ebay and Amazon and any of the electronic retailers will stock it. Mouser and Digikey for example, even Walmart have some. It doesn't have to be Chemtronics brand.

Comment

Working...
        X