Fisher RS-1056: Cannot Restring Dial Cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fisher RS-1056: Cannot Restring Dial Cord

Hello all. I'm trying to restring the dial cord on my Fisher RS-1056 stereo receiver, but I can't figure out how it goes on the tuner shaft, and the guide in the service manual is no help. Can anyone please help? Thanks.

Service Manual:

The restring guide is on page 9.
    Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
    RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
    Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
    - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
    - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
    - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
    - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Re: Fisher RS-1056: Cannot Restring Dial Cord

How it is wound around the rear of the shaft is shown at the front of the shaft. The lower line from the drum goes around that pulley and under the shaft closest to the flywheel, it make 3 turns and exits at the bottom rear of the shaft and goes to the pulley far left (in picture)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by R_J; 05-04-2017, 05:00 PM.

Comment

well how is the line wound in the drum?
      Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
      Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems

sigpic

Comment

does this make sense? I believe that screw on the end pulley near the drum should be loosened, then when the string is in place you can tighten it so its not slipping
        I see in the parts list there is also a spring inside the drum, it's possible one end (or maybe both ends) connect to the string. Are you replacing the string or just re installing the original
        I found this picture, looks like one end of the spring connects to one of the posts in the drum and the other end of the spring connects to the dial string (looks like the spring connects to the shorter end of the string, the one I marked green)
        I found that picture here http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.p...0-nice.291091/
        Attached Files
        Last edited by R_J; 05-04-2017, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Usually in the drum is a tension spring. I can't see any tensioner in the pic, where is it?
          Take a look at this similar diagram, note the use of masking tape to keep things from falling out, and cranking the dial full CW before starting.

These things are a real test of patience....
          Attached Files

Comment

When the drum is this small there is not much room for a large tension spring, Its not marked on the string diagram but is listed in the parts diagram. I believe the pulley ass'y rear is the main tensioner

Comment

I know, this is an old thread, but can anyone please provide a picture showing how the line is wound in the drum? Had to destring a few months ago and now am trying to restring.

Kooky and Kool Systems

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X