This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all, hailing the Middle Georgia area.
    My wife runs a small computer repair business from our home. As her business was becoming somewhat stagnant, we had friends ask if we did TV repair as well. The first few seemed to go fairly well, easy board swaps and the like.

Background info... My wife has a bachelor's degrees in IT and network support and worked for a local university until unfortunate events ended that line of work. I am by trade an aircraft overhaul maintenance tech. I do have an associate's degree in electronics that I received about 10 years ago. So needless to say, I don't remember enough to fix things on a component level, boards get expensive.

Basically, I'm trying to renew my understanding of electronics trouble shooting.

Comment

Hi can i post my own threads?Thank you

Comment

hi
        to post
        thanks

Comment

Hello everyone
          I'm from ROMANIA
          I am passionate about electronics and I hope that this forum will help me acquire as much knowledge in this field

Comment

Hello

Comment

HP Elitebook X360 1030 G2

Hi Freinds i have problem with HP Elitebook X360 1030 Bios pasword Blocked please help how to reset and and install new windows
              Thanks for your help

Comment

Re: HP Elitebook X360 1030 G2

Hi Freinds i have problem with HP Elitebook X360 1030 Bios pasword Blocked please help how to reset and and install new windows
                Thanks for your help

Comment

Hi.

I'm Becky.
                  Birthday March 20.
                  Married, we have 3 children.

I am a former high school principal who now stays at home with my babies.

I graduated from college with an undergraduate degree in Family
                  Studies, a master's in School Counseling and another master's in School Administration.

I found this site while researching how to fix my Samsung TV.

Comment

Hi everyone,

My name is Adrian, I'm an EE and have been working in this field for 10 years.

I live to repair stuff, figure out why it broke, take things apart, and most of all putting everything back together and whenever possible giving them a new life.

Cheers,
                    Foxadn

Comment

Hi, All -

My name is Ian, and I live in San Jose.

I am an attorney by training and a technical project manager by trade.

I build and play electric guitars and live with my wife and two of my three children. The oldest is in college.

We also have a dog, Trixie, and two cats, Donut and Caboose. Donut is so fat she has her own gravitational field, into which are drawn all manner of foodstuffs as well as headphone wires that she chews on and even an occasional guitar neck.

Glad to be here.

Comment

Hello My name is Nick.
                        I live in Michigan.
                        Currently working on flashing custom software on the AY-AT transistor tester.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I recently embarked on a mission to find Free TVs to use for my entertainment. However, one has from what I hope, a bad power board, in which I ordered one from ebay for 7 bucks. This makes me feel like how I used to feel when repairing computers for a living.

Glad to have found a forum dedicated to providing people like myself with knowledge and support.

Comment

Hello, to all my name's stu, I am a service engineer dealing with mobility equipment in the UK, I am a bit of a novice when I come to electronics but am very keen to know more, I joined this forum for assistance and advice on repairs and projects I do in my spare time 😊 thanks for reading my post!

Comment

hello in working with laptops, looking for solutions in mb

Comment

Hello. Looking for solution to a power supply failure

Comment

I have posted in multiple forums but I am still unable to create a new post. I do not see the option anywhere. Help!!

Comment

Hi, I'm Matt. I'm a programmer looking for old motherboards.

Comment

Hello Name is Josh... reintroducing myself because for some odd reason I still cant post

Comment

Hi. New member here. Joined to get some info on how to troubleshoot LCD TVs. Currently, I have Philips LCD TV that's dead. Don't have much electronics knowledge but I am good following advice.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm plmc2017. I will join this forum because of unlocking BIOS password for laptop PC. Also I would like some discussion on PC and others.

Comment

Working...
                                          X