What value is this capacitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What value is this capacitor?

Can anyone identify what value this capacitor is?
    All I know is its 12v.
    Attached Files

Re: What value is this capacitor?

From another site it seems to be a 2200µf/16 volt 10x25mm They used a Panasonic EEUFS1C222L as a replacement
    Other sites call it a 1200µf or 1500µf, the value will change the flash rate, Lower capacity gives a faster flash rate.
    For more information, Google, Marcon 5840
    Last edited by R_J; 11-24-2019, 12:58 PM.

Comment

i wouldnt, your going to run into problems
      the cap and resistor form a timed charging cicuit - a different cap may run at a different speed.

a 555 timer will be a good upgrade.

Comment

Its only a old but well made flasher unit off a 1979 hona CX500. Easy to fix so for the cost of 1 cap why not?
        Sorry to appear dumb but apart from the value being within tolerance i dont know how to interperate what the output from my component tester is telling me about this cap. I know what ESR is but what does all the rest mean and whats it telling me about this particular capacitor?
        Attached Files

Comment

vloss is leakage caused by internal resistance

it can fool a lot of cap meters into thinking the cap has a higher uf, and makes the cap discharge itself faster.

i'v seen far worse, but a good cap is in the 1.x% or less type of range.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
            vloss is leakage caused by internal resistance

it can fool a lot of cap meters into thinking the cap has a higher uf, and makes the cap discharge itself faster.

i'v seen far worse, but a good cap is in the 1.x% or less type of range.
            I know what ESR is but is there a value that you would say is ok and one thats makes it suspicious without having to keep looking at each manufacturers datasheets which is what can be done if its suspicious.

Comment

no,esr varies greatly between series - but the vlos indicates it's fucked.

Comment

It will not do anything if there is an open light bulb, that charges the cap in series with the 150 ohm resistor I think.
                You can't use a timer IC or electronics here because it's a two-prong part. It replaces the old thermal clickers.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                  no,esr varies greatly between series - but the vlos indicates it's fucked.
                  Sorry STJ that was a general question and not just about yhis particular capacitor. So vlos over 3.5% is knackered so is there a max and minimum to indicate whether a cetain cap is good or bad

Comment

if it's 2 or more then it's higher than any good cap i'v tested.

polymers are different btw, they are often 2-3.

Comment

Working...
                    X