from this eBay seller:
    http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/6-Rubycon...item439c8262dd

I just want to know whether the eBay seller is selling 100%
    genuine Rubycon capacitors? Since the price is so much cheaper
    than other sellers

Anyone has any experience to share?

Thank you.

Re: Where to buy 100% true Rubycon capacitor

His caps are genuine. They are New Old Stock.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I guess some of the caps egekecu - pcmcs are selling are genuine but for sure some are not.

Link

Comment

^
        Per Hansson is wrong. Those look identical to others I've pulled off boards, and are genuine.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

No they do not look identical, study the pictures. They look like nothing I have pulled off boards and are fakes and for sure measures as fakes.

Comment

If you want 100% genuine, go to authorized distributors: digikey.com , farnell.com / newark.com , rs-online.com , mouser.com , arrow.com etc

Rubycon MBZ is an obsolete series of capacitors from Rubycon, they no longer manufacture it.
            So even if they're genuine, what that eBay seller gives you could be years old. You don't know if they're kept in a place with controlled temperature and humidity, you don't know if they're 100% genuine or not...
            The "specs" of a capacitor degrade over time, even if the capacitor sat on the shelves. That is especially with water based, ultra low esr series like MBZ.

So I personally don't understand this fascination with buying old stock MBZ when you can buy genuine Panasonic FM or FR or polymer capacitors that are close or equal the performance of those Rubycon MBZ capacitors.

RUBYCON CORPORATION
            1938-1 Nishi-Minowa / Ina-shi / Nagano-ken / Japan 399-4593
            PHONE +81-265-72-7114 / FAX +81-265-76-5282
            TO: Pace
            Notice of production discontinuance of MBZ, MCZ & MHZ series
            We would like to take this opportunity to extend our heartfelt appreciation to you and your esteemed organization for the continuous support rendered to our company.
            Currently we produce an extended range of products with many size variations so as to satisfy customers’ demand.
            However, with regard to the titled series of product, due to the decreasing demand in the market, it is much difficult for our operation to continue the production and the
            sales.
            Therefore, we are obliged to discontinue this production as stated below:
            1. Items to be discontinued:
            Aluminum electrolytic capacitors : M*Z series ( 105℃ Ultra Low ESR for PC mother board)
            2. Alternative parts
            Rubycon does not offer any suitable drop-in replacement parts. However, many suppliers offer Conductive Polymer Aluminum capacitors to replace.
            3. Last time buy
            For the existing requirements, the last time buy will be accepted till December 31, 2011.
            Please do not use these obsolescing caps for a new model/design.
            For further details please kindly consult with our local sales office for your company.
            Thank you very much in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
            Sincerely yours,
            Sales and Marketing Headquarters
            Last edited by mariushm; 10-26-2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
              So I personally don't understand this fascination with buying old stock MBZ when you can buy genuine Panasonic FM or FR or polymer capacitors that are close or equal the performance of those Rubycon MBZ capacitors.
              FM have higher ESR, larger can sizes and are often NOT a suitable replacement for MBZ. They never have been, and never will be, aside from the fact that the OP is from Indonesia, which means that he can't get anything from digikey or element14.

That said, though, he can get Nichicon HM - https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=131 which might be a better option.

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
              No they do not look identical, study the pictures. They look like nothing I have pulled off boards and are fakes and for sure measures as fakes.
              Sanyo are often inconsistent with how their caps look. Just because the two in that thread don't match means nothing. The ones in that thread do look like some I have pulled off boards, but not like others I have pulled of other boards.
              Last edited by c_hegge; 10-26-2013, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Yeah, it's true that Panasonic FR has slightly higher ESR but let's be honest here.

A capacitor that sat on shelves for two years in unknown conditions will NOT have the same technical parameters as the ones in the datasheet.

Taking for example

MBZ 1800uF 16v 10x23 2800mA 0.012ohm 2000h@105c vs
                FR 1800uF 16v 10x25 2470mA 0.018 ohm 10000h @ 105c

0.012ohm and 0.018 ohm is basically pretty much the same thing, especially when in this application there's several capacitors in parallel reducing the esr even further.
                For example, that 0.006 ohm difference can be just a few mm of leads you accidentally left in by not soldering the capacitor tightly to the board.

In addition, yes, motherboards and VRM circuitry LIKE to have as low esr as possible, but they're designed with a certain tolerance from the start. Capacitors don't have that exact ESR for the whole life, they're not like incandescent lighbulbs to work exactly the same for years and then instantly go bad. They degrade, they get weaker.

The ESR will gradually increase as the capacitor is cooked by heat, or gets old (even by staying on shelves) so motherboards will still work reliably even with ESR in the range of 0.05 ohm or more. How many Dells or Apples you see with Rubycon MxZ or Nichicon HZ capacitors popped? Guaranteed those systems worked fine for a long time before they died, with capacitors slowly degrading and leaking up to the point they went critical and just blew up.

And after all this discussion... after a few months in an improperly cooled, or a dusty computer, with humidity specific to Indonesia, which capacitor do you think will work better... the one with 2000h@105c or the one with 10000h@105c .. the one that's water based and discontinued or the one that's new generation, quality, fresh out the factory?

Comment

Why doesn't anybody buy caps from here any more?

Comment

^
                    because fakes on fleabay are cheaper
                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                    http://folding.stanford.edu/
                    Team : 49813
                    Join in!!
                    Team Stats

Comment

cheapie:

Badcaps store says 9.50$ shipping to my country and i'd get the package in 2-3 weeks, and I'd have to go to the post office at customs with my ID to retrieve it.

Farnell has 20 RON (about 5-6$) shipping fee for any order no matter the weight and size, and they send it through UPS so I get it in 2-3 working days at my door, with tracking and all that. The guy delivering packages even calls my cellphone to let me know he's coming.

So you think about it, what makes more sense?

ps. Farnell should deliver to Indonesia... if not, there's the other sites I mentioned.

edit: i see now it's $9.5 internationally, not $8, so I corrected the post.
                      Last edited by mariushm; 10-26-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

The cost is actually the least of my concerns buying caps, and in this case, I think that the best option for the OP is to get the HMs from here.

For me, though, the only reason I don't order a lot from here is because most of Topcat's caps are better suited to motherboards, which I rarely have to recap these days. The vast majority of my recap jobs are PSUs, which HM/HN/HZ are unsuitable for. If we had some of the more common sizes in Nichicon HD, HE, and PW and Ruby ZL and YXG (and had 1500uF polies back in stock), I'd be getting them from here much more often. We don't even have the 3300uF 16v 10kmm dia Samxon RS in stock now.
                        Last edited by c_hegge; 10-26-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

edit: i see now it's $9.5 internationally, not $8, so I corrected the post.
                          Last January, the USPS had a massive price hike. I can't send anything international for less than $7 my cost, most are more. On many internatiuonal shipments, I lose a few pennies.
                          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                          Team Stats

Comment

being cheapskates.
                            doing the job right the first time isnt in the budget but doing it over is.
                            let em deal with ebay fakes!
                            already had a bunch of boards sent to me that someone else "fixed".
                            they had fakes in them.
                            funny how every one of them ran stable with the right parts!
                            they had postit notes on them with things like lockups,bsod,shuts off.
                            even worse was that just the popped ones on the vrm output were replaced!
                            new fakes with open originals!
                            Originally posted by cheapie View Post
                            Why doesn't anybody buy caps from here any more?

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
                              already had a bunch of boards sent to me that someone else "fixed".
                              I got about 40 GX745 USFF boards like that about 2 weeks ago. Somoene else 'fixed', used cheap caps. didn't know how to solder either. All had stickies on them such as 'unstable', 'no video', 'bsod', 'freezes', and 'full speed fans'.... several had destroyed through holes and wire jumpers in attempts to repair. several were not recoverable. I charge extra for untangling someone elses 'handywork'....and they were happy to pay it.
                              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                              Team Stats

Comment

If you want 100% genuine, go to authorized distributors: digikey.com , farnell.com / newark.com , rs-online.com , mouser.com , arrow.com etc
                                THIS is the correct advice!

most capacitors on ebay are counterfeit, and capacitors are far too important to take a chance, especially to only save a couple of dollars!

I get paid big bucks to service expensive equipment, medical, etc. - I will ONLY buy from Digi-Key, Mouser, etc. or else here at the badcaps store - anything else is just pure foolishness and folly!
                                Last edited by theOracle; 10-27-2013, 12:56 AM.

the BIG 4

~~~ the top tier of low-ESR electrolytic capacitors ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                                  Last January, the USPS had a massive price hike. I can't send anything international for less than $7 my cost, most are more. On many internatiuonal shipments, I lose a few pennies.
                                  actually you can! - use USPS first class mail international, select "large envelope", use a bubble mailer and keep overall package thickness to 3/4" or less, and most countries will be around $3 or so!

the BIG 4

Comment

The ESR will gradually increase as the capacitor is cooked by heat, or gets old (even by staying on shelves)
                                    crap! - now I am worried about my own inventory, how long are these capacitors good "on the shelf" when stored at room temp (70°F - 21°C) ??

the BIG 4

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you for all the forum members for inputting their comments and advices.

I took up the courage and bought a prepacked capacitor kit from
                                      www.badcaps.net store, which costed me, just over a 100 dollars
                                      (after doing the currency conversion in my country)

I crossed my fingers, that hopefully when I receive the new caps
                                      and install it into my motherboard, it will fix the problem of not
                                      doing POST when power is switch on.

In the future, if I do buy some motherboards that are using bad
                                      capacitors from any one of the bad capacitor manufacturer list,
                                      should I buy new capacitors and replace them, such OST (TK) (Toshin Kogyo)
                                      Taiwanese capacitors (Yes, the name sounds Japanese, but they actually made
                                      the capacitors in Taiwan) which I found them on those ASUS
                                      Micro-ATX motherboads such as P5QPLAM
                                      Since, they tend
                                      to fail sooner or later????

Thank you.
                                      Last edited by liukuohao; 10-28-2013, 03:22 AM.

Comment

What kit did you get? None one kit costs more than around $80 (the PSU repair value pack).

Yes, preventative recapping is always a good idea. Usually, I try to avoid getting hardware with junk caps, but if I do, then I often recap it before it fails.

Comment

Working...
                                        X