Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCC KMG or Nichicon VZ?

Originally posted by PeteS in CA View Post
    Lex, any circuit with a feedback loop can oscillate: SMPSs; linear regulators; servo amplifiers; audio amplifiers; etc..
    That'a already been understood (long ago). When replacing them I would usually try getting the closest match especially SMPS (and servos). But others like linear regulators I've found less critical (can literally use any type of capacitor), as with audio amplifiers (any oscillation would affect the sound quality and/or cause unwanted noise, thus that was even easier to notice if I had used one that is not suitable). Sometimes when I ran out of proper capacitors, I would simply use those I have in hand (like those low ESR ones I've mentioned). As always I would perform thorough test (stress the hardware and give it a good warming up) before returning them. So far, had no problems at all with them, nor any return cases...

Comment

Re: NCC KMG or Nichicon VZ?

Originally posted by lexwalker View Post
      When replacing them I would usually try getting the closest match especially SMPS (and servos).
      That's what this thread is all about
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
      X