Denon avr 2802 with no sound on speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denon avr 2802 with no sound on speaker

Hello to you all. I have been browsing for a couple of days now about my problem but i was unable to find solution so i will try here
    I bought used Denon avr 2802 faulty. Receiver turns on like it should relay cliks it responds on all commands ( volume change on lcd, switching between sources , mode selector... ) but there is no sound , i downloaded service manual , i checked all voltages on supply rails and everything looks normal and as it should. I traced input signal from dvd input and signal is lost on TC9459N , there is input signal present on pin 5 and 24 , but no signal is getting out from it od pin 3 and 26. so i assume that this chip is faulty??? But this is present only on DIRECT and STEREO mode on every other mode there is no signal present on input pin of TC9459N. Yesterday when i powered it up i have noticed that there is slight sound on speaker but very very faint and this only happens when you powered it up as soon as you change input source and return it to DVD again there is no signal. I have checked all big amp chips, there is no short on any of them . I ran out of ideas where to check so any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Denon avr 2802 with no sound on speaker

Please post the service manual here or a link to it.

I have a very similar one and I hate it, they are way to complex. Sometimes my daughter would press some buttons and it would take me an hour to find the problem.

Maybe yours isn't even broken.
    Last edited by paulstef; 04-16-2015, 08:42 AM.

Comment

I had a customer recently with the same problem, no sound. His daughter had played around with it too.
      Did you check the buttons "ANALOG" "EXT IN" and "INPUT MODE" ? The problem was with one of these.

Owners manual page 36:http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchf...033avr2802.pdf
      Last edited by paulstef; 04-16-2015, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Well im sure it is broken it cant be that simple not with me well i tried every button every mode etc. i reset it couple of times but no luck.
        i checked pin 14 on IC 108 and on IC 805 there is same buzz or hum i guess the clock that drives this is ok . BUT when i bypass signal from input pin 24 to output pin 26 ( same as from pin 5 to pin 3 ) on IC805 i get input sound on speakers but without volume control ( i cant turn it up or down ) just constant tone as i can guess same level as input sound on pin 24. So do you have suggestion what to check ? This bypass confuses me , as far as i can see there is nothing that can amplify signal . so problem is somewhere in this section right ? Or i can't figure out how volume control fits here ) i guess that clock which comes on pin 14 IC805 i trace it to pin 37 of IC303 Master ucom. Is it posible that this is faulty ?
        here is link for service manual i cant upload it for some reason
        you have to wait for couple of minutes and on the bottom will appear link GET MANUAL

Comment

This link says: "Error! This file not found! It may deleted or renamed"

We need to work with the same schematic you have.

Comment

can you send me your email here or private message to send you via drop send , service manual iz 38 Mb that is why i cant upload it

Comment

try google search denon avr 2802 service manual and scroll down to find this electrotanya site

Comment

Weird, the last two links also give errors. Don't know if it's just me. I'll try to find it somewhere else. You could also print the pages that contain the schematic as a new pdf file and post that here. It will certainly be smaller than 38Mb

Comment

ok one sec

Comment

I only find it on eservice and it's chopped into 3Mb files...

Comment

here is short version of service manual.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Do you have an oscilloscope?

Comment

Ahhh Denon, Run away!! sorry, had to.
                          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
                              Ahhh Denon, Run away!! sorry, had to.
                              Ha ha , did you had some "good " experience too

Comment

i dont have osciloscope

Comment

Originally posted by tufi979 View Post
                                  Ha ha , did you had some "good " experience too
                                  many...
                                  Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by paulstef View Post
                                    Do you have an oscilloscope?
                                    Did you manage to download service manual that i uploaded ? is it ok ?

Comment

Yes , I downloaded it.

I would test it like this:
                                      1. Check the voltages and ripple of the voltages that supply all the chips the signal goes through
                                      2. Apply a sine wave signal from a function generator (could be from a PC or cellphone) on any of the inputs and then follow the signal through the circuit and see where it gets lost.

I'm afraid without a scope that will be next to impossible.

Comment

Usually, no sound is a badly soldered DTS chip, at least at other brands. Oven trick, may work for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                        X