• Show
Clear All

Re: 1980s stereo repair time!

so draw a schematic,
    that's why eaglecad is free.
    http://www.cadsoft.de

Comment

Hi, just a quick question on your SA-TX50. I have had mine since '97 and it is still running strong. The only problem I have is that one of the display backlights has burned out. Have you seen this issue and can the lights be replaced? I know I can turn off the lights, but it looks so nice with them on. Thank You.

Comment

backlight burnout was always common.
        you need to find out 3 things.

1: how many bulbs.
        2: how big are they - length, width
        3: what voltage is feeding them.

Comment

I had an sx 580 untill I sent it into pepsi syndrome. Pioneer made some good stuff back then. The tuner never was the same.
          I still have the 727 from the 70s A little contact cleaner is all she needs once in a while.

Comment

Hi! Looks like a great board here, lots of wisdom and all. Am looking forward to looking through the forums to see what I can find out about things I can POOGE or restore.

BTW--old caps going flaky/bad is hardly new....somewhere I have the RADIO NEWS magazine for January 1940, in which there is an article about how to restore dried-out Mershon electrolytic caps that Philco used in a number of their AC-powered sets in the 1930s....

Comment

(OOPS, wrong forum!)

Comment

Originally posted by Perisphere View Post
                (OOPS, wrong forum!)
                You weren't about http://antiqueradios.com/ where you?
                Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
                X