Suspicious Samyoung/Chemi-Con 400V LXF unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspicious Samyoung/Chemi-Con 400V LXF unit

A week ago, I saw a 22uF 400V Samyoung/Nippon Chemi-Con unit in a DVD player (DV-108) manufactured in early 2005. This unit has a Samwha-like "X" vent with a pair of unequal angles as decribed in the picture.
    I do know that the Chemi-Con LXF Series have been discontinued for a couple of years, but there are only a few series of low-ESR capacitors for 400V.
    Any more info??
    Attached Files
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Suspicious Samyoung/Chemi-Con 400V LXF unit

If it's gone bad, you might look into UCC's KXG or KXJ series. High voltage series tend not to have Z specified, but these two series are designed for CFL inverters and have impressive ripple current and life ratings. Nichicon has more or less corresponding series ... I think CA is one of those series.
    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Re: Suspicious Samyoung/Chemi-Con 400V LXF unit

I recently bought some 68uF / 400V KMX caps from a surpluss store.
      I put them into some D-Box 2 DVB-S receivers and use them in other small SMPS.
      Despite the long storage, they still haven`t had mutch leakage current and are very good choice for this application.
      I got 10pcs for 2€, not bad at all.

I build a reformation circuit from a mains plug, four rectifier diodes and a few 4Mohm rsistors put togehter in a paperbox

But i duno, if the KMX series ist still in produktion.

Comment

Working...
      X