This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi im new here, im looking some schematics to repair a macbook and some tips to do my repair.

regard.

Comment

Just saying hi

Comment

Hi
        My name is Mario and I've been involved with computer repair since the 90's. Looking to move into board repair and need help in getting started and moving forward.

Thank you
        M

Comment

Hello to all, long time reader (and fan), freshly new registered member. I found the information in these forums valuable and looking forward to paying it forward. I'm mostly a systems architect and programmer but have been dabbling in electronics these past few years. On the table now is a sick LG 42LV5400 - looking forward to diagnosing / getting it back up and running again.

Comment

Hi, I've repaired white goods and many other things for some years as part of my employment, both electrically and mechanically. Superficially delved into electronic fault finding and repairs over the years, mostly unsuccessfully, prompted to have a much more serious attempt at understanding and repairing equipment following the demise of a laptop and a smps in a desktop. Been studying smps circuits and fault finding methodology, and found myself here...

Comment

Hey guys new to the thread looking for help with my t440p.

Comment

Hi all.

Name is Steve.

Been into all things mechanical for years, also electronics but on a smaller scale.

Have done plenty of repairs to electronic items, but not down to the IC level. This is my next venture, understanding more complex stuff like circuit boards and those damn smd's.

Hate throwing stuff away and believe if it can be repaired (economically) then it should. Far too much stuff is thrown away these days.

Steve.

Comment

Hi All,

Have used the info found on this forum a few times now and it has been a great help. Looking for guidance on a TV I am trying to save before throwing it out.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello all....I'm Mag55.
                    Just a regular 40 something guy that most people are surprised to hear me talk about electronics and repair. I'm not much into software or programming, but would like to find the time to try programming. I live in the Northeast US, and like to find electronic projects and repairs for an inside activity.

Just lately I've had a lot more time to repair or build electronics, due to an unfortunate work injury that has left me partially disabled and unable to work for the last 4 years. My electronics work is now much slower vs a few years ago, but I still get the job done.

Comment

My name is Dave, ended up here after Paul Daniels mentioned this site on one of his latest YouTube videos, I am a bit of a follower of those videos and have learnt a lot from them.

My background is working in North Devon, UK as a IT and Sign Making guy, have now moved on to and deliver the post (part time) and do electrical related projects like VCR, Retro Computers/Consoles, Hi-Fi etc. So basically I done many things over the years and electronics is something I did breifly in the past (with Amateur Radio) and have recently caught up with it. Lets hope this forum is useful to me. Regards Dave

Comment

Hello, I was a member long time back under the Lonewolf Nick but it's been so long now I don't even remember what Email I used back then.

I'm a retired electronics field engineer with strong mechanical background, mostly in military weapons systems testing.

just here to look for information on the Sharp LC-70LE847U

Thanx for the Registration

Comment

Hello look forward to the site

Comment

Hi. Long time reader first time poster. Look at my join date.

Comment

Hello,

my name is Ben. I am getting into cell phone repair as a side job and I am looking forward to using the technical info on this site to assist in my repairs. Sometimes the information on the internet isn't that clear or helpful.

Comment

Hello, i'm new one!

Comment

Hello,

Long time here, but no post´s.
                                  House hold appliances are my dailly work.

Best regards to ALL
                                  Nezocas

Comment

Ok, I think this is how this works. I'm about the farthest thing from a techie, but I live in a place with few repair resources, so am trying to troubleshoot and repair things myself--this looks like a great forum for information and advice, and I'd like to take advantage of members' knowledge. Thanks in advance, everyone!

Comment

Greetings all

I am pleased with this forum its a great place with a wealth of useful Knowledge and folks willing to share it so thanks in advance.

I was trained to fault find to component level some 20 years ago achieving city and guilds 224 parts 1,2,3, thats three years of study back when flat screen tvs where the domain of star trek and TV's where all about CRT and LOPT, i think i still recite lopt frequency in my sleep sometimes haha. The weird thing is I never got round to working in the industry instead chose a path into management in some other industry but always had a passion for hobbying and fixing friends gear etc, sometimes I found myself whincing at what "engineers" got up to in the food industry i was managing in lol

Anyway, I am disabled these days and can no longer work ft so have returned to my hobby finding the modern TV's are a doddle compared to CRT chasis thanks to all the IC's. On christmas day I found enough info in this website to get to grips with vestel switch mode psu so thanks couldnt bring myself to post in christmas day thogh !

I still have plenty to learn getting back upto speed right now got several sets in need of repair with curious faults awaiting remedy but I know the folks on these boards will guide the way pretty impressive knowledge base here thanks in advance.

John the Curious one

Comment

Hey, i'm new here. Looking to repair my Macbook myself

Comment

Hi all!

I am new here, glad to join

Comment

Working...
                                          X