Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Air 14IKBR EYG20 EYG10 NM-B601 charge problem

The notebook was totally death, no schematic or boardview so
    I found out that the EC was in short, so I replaced and reprogrammed it.
    I don't know if the battery was charging but now the owner tells me that the LED turns on and off immediately and the notebook worked
    with the battery until it is discharged.
    The two mosfets, controlled by the BQ24780S, are ok but no signal is received at the gates, ac is detected. Before doing other checks is it possible that the problem is on the EC?
    Last edited by jasko_jacker; 06-24-2019, 12:45 PM.

Re: Lenovo Air 14IKBR EYG20 EYG10 NM-B601 charge problem

Ec firmware can be the issue but Ec chip not likely to be bad. Extract ec firmware from lenovo official update and reflash ec to be sure.

Comment

hi EC firmware can be the issue you can also extract the firmware from main bios

Comment

that laptop works by adaptor?

Comment

Originally posted by shibu View Post
          that laptop works by adaptor?
          Works only with battery, no with adapter. I have downloaded the EC firmware from a paysite but I have downloaded the bios from lenovo also , there are two problem, first I think there is 6MB instead 8MB so it not contain EC firmware, second it's in .exe and uniextract it's not be able to unpack it (the battery it's full empty and I can not use lenovo to unpack it)
          Last edited by jasko_jacker; 06-25-2019, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Test BQ24780S voltage,pins 4,5,6. https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...2a8abce3d9.pdf
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
              Works only with battery, no with adapter. I have downloaded the EC firmware from a paysite but I have downloaded the bios from lenovo also , there are two problem, first I think there is 6MB instead 8MB so it not contain EC firmware, second it's in .exe and uniextract it's not be able to unpack it (the battery it's full empty and I can not use lenovo to unpack it)
              To unpack use innoextract first,then 7-zip or winrar to extract the exe,then cut bios and EC using hex editor, or you can use innoextract first then change the platform.ini file from BatteryCheck=1 to BatteryCheck=0 to disable the battery check.

http://constexpr.org/innoextract/#download
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-25-2019, 03:21 AM.
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I extracted from fd file the 8192 K bios.bin but I don't find any ec file into this and into the two block I deleted from the fd file.
                Usually I repair asus and I have some difficulties with these procedures.
                Last edited by jasko_jacker; 06-26-2019, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Here`s the EC . In the fd file do a text search for ITE to find the EC.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-26-2019, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                    Here`s the EC . In the fd file do a text search for ITE to find the EC.
                    Ok,
                    many thanks

Comment

hey buddy your problem solved or not ? i thing the problem with not EC you need to check main power line FET's and the pin 28 vcc on bq24780s it's should be 18v to 20v
                      if not there is a diode and a resostor from main line the resistor mostly value are 10 to 20 ohms!

Comment

Originally posted by shibu View Post
                        hey buddy your problem solved or not ? i thing the problem with not EC you need to check main power line FET's and the pin 28 vcc on bq24780s it's should be 18v to 20v
                        if not there is a diode and a resostor from main line the resistor mostly value are 10 to 20 ohms!
                        Not solve yet due for searching another ec firmware, bq24780s has the 19v on pin 28 and
                        ACDET -> HIGHT
                        ACOK -> LOW
                        REGN -> 6 V
                        BTST -> 5.7 V
                        CMPIN and CMPOUT -> 0.5 V

Is missing ACOK: from datasheet:
                        "Active HIGH AC adapter detection open drain output. It is pulled HIGH to external pullup supply rail by external
                        pullup resistor when a valid adapter is present (ACDET above 2.4 V, VCC above UVLO but below ACOV and
                        VCC above BAT). If any of the above conditions is not valid, ACOK is pulled LOW by internal MOSFET. Connect
                        a 10-kΩ pullup resistor from ACOK to the pullup supply rail."
                        Last edited by jasko_jacker; 06-26-2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

As you say, the ACOK needs to be HIGH. Did you try changing the BQ chip? Without the ACOK being HIGH, you most likely won't get the gate signal to the ACFET

Comment

ACOK signal ineeded is the issue. Kbc can be the issue as its related to kbc_aux power (eg dell cedar 13269 mb) though its very difficult to arrive at any conclusion without schematic.

Comment

I replaced the EC but 3.3 power voltage disappears when this ic is in place, if I remove it the 3.3 v appears, but the new ic as the old don't show with multimeter any sign of short. I don't remember if the presence of 5v ALW is related to EC, but I don't detected 5v ALW . someone can identify the 3.3 / 5 ALW ic to search the datasheet. thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

Awv = sy8286brac
                                BAC=SY8288CRAC
                                Last edited by mcplslg123; 07-12-2019, 11:01 PM.

Comment

You can refer to Quanta G71 schematic.

Comment

Working...
                                  X