Yamaha rx v373 - no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yamaha rx v373 - no power

that's an easy swap - take a few minutes at best.

you just need to find what else that chip is on or find a new source like china.

Comment

Not super easy if you have never done it, but easy enough if you have had practice.

Need hot air station or chipquick to remove it.
      You can solder the new one with drag soldering like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie8so5R_t70

Good flux is key!
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

Oh wheres the unit? I have a few ideas to fix this bugger. Send it to my address @ William Zwit
        121 N Seminary ST #1
        Galesburg, Illinois 61401

Comment

I can fix this unit easily. I will chip in 50% shipping too.
          Ph txt at 941-830-4019.
          Wzwit@hotmail.com
          Let me know if it is still needing fixed.

Comment

All, I have a RX-V373 to sell for parts. At first was not booting, used the 10sec button press to start it, worked for a while, then stopped for good. Checked the transformer and primary power board... all good. I decided that I don't have more time to spend on this, so selling it.

Best offer, let me know!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SimonFili; 07-01-2015, 07:38 AM. Reason: Adding picture

Comment

Hey guys just stop by to say thanks for the video and came in handy to my problem with an Yamaha RX-V373.but I found an web site that sell the hold power supply for $49.00 and I'll let you know when it get here.

Comment

I have the same model with similar problem although I have a regulator with 4 pins and one pin measures 11.5v one ground one 3.3 volts and one 1.5 volts. The power switch is switching 3.3 volts to ground when pushed but nothing lights up. If i short the 12 volts to the pwr ry point I here the relay on the input board close but still nothing lights up. I guess I really need a schematic. Anyone know where one can be had.

Comment

You should read this thread. The service manual is there.

Comment

What's the web site?

I have a blown thermal fuse and I don't know what the p/n is to try to replace it.

Comment

Hi there.
                      To ask that someone managed to solve this problem , because for me this is a problem RX- v371 - el.Eddig got nothing , I have a 3.3V power is turned on but after 1 second shut-off circuit senses if one would like .

Comment

Yamaha RX V365 / power on and go about 3sec off. i nead help.

Comment

Originally posted by sasajovo View Post
                          Yamaha RX V365 / power on and go about 3sec off. i nead help.
                          May help to start your own thread. Post photos of your unit. Start by checking voltage rails, see what they do when you power up and if any go off when it shuts down.

Do you get any error message on screen?
                          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                          -David VanHorn

Comment

Hi guys! For the ones who has the RX-V375, after suffering for hours, following circuits, tracks, cables, checking voltages, signals... I finally found out how to "fix" (it wasn't damaged, just locked) mine!! Just press and hold buttons TONE, INFO and POWER for 3 seconds (if it turns on in less than 3 seconds, don't release the buttons yet, hold them for 3s!), after that, turn the unit off on the Power button and turn it on again, it should work fine now (if nothing else is damaged inside). Good luck!

Comment

For YAMAHA RX-V375 If you try about reset method still no power, came here!

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58918

Comment

Hi,

i have yamaha rx v 373 this have no power at all, i checked the voltages at CB131 connector , i found that all standby volate are present except THM2( i dont know it will cause not power on), also i checked whats happening when i am pressing power button, when i am pressing power button i found that pin no 91 of MCU chip goes to 0 volt but there is no output voltage is present on the pin 64 to operate the main power relay. Service manual i attached here
                                Attached Files

Comment

HI , I check the voltages at xtal oscilator pin of MCU (micro processor), xout reads 3.3volt and xin reads 0 volt is it normal?

Comment

There is a polyester capacitor on the power supply on the RX-V amps that fails.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                                      There is a polyester capacitor on the power supply on the RX-V amps that fails.
                                      That will cause cpu not run? Actually i am geting all volatges as per schematic

Comment

In general, a failed filtering capacitor means noise on the power rail which can upset a CPU. The voltage might look OK with a multimeter but if you checked with an oscilloscope you would find excessive noise/ripple.
                                        -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                                          In general, a failed filtering capacitor means noise on the power rail which can upset a CPU. The voltage might look OK with a multimeter but if you checked with an oscilloscope you would find excessive noise/ripple.
                                          So i need to check all capacitors on stanby rail ? It will be electrolytic only for filter purpose na

Comment

Working...
                                          X