Asus A15HC shorted CPU voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus A15HC shorted CPU voltage

GPU heatsink is attached to CPU heatsink, i see if can remove it. VGFX_CORE voltage rise to 0.45V at booting time and goes to zero when windows logo ends and desktop appears.
    I'll search for another cpu, now has i5-2430M(Sandy), already try an i5-3210M(Ivy) but not supported(no boot at all), so i'll searching for a Sandy..
    Distortion like some parts on installation dialogs are black, or missing, at taskbar icons a little flashing, when i do a refresh shown ok for a while and if maximize a program starts again. I'll upload a screenshot after windows update ends(i hope a missing update will fix this)

Comment

how much GPU_core voltage is provided to the GPU? goto Bios settings and change graphics from "switchable" to "intel" or vice versa. then, check the distortion.

Comment

+VGA_VCORE is stable at 1 volt, update again bios for 4th time to version 303(final), and after some windows updates, distortion stopped completely! So one problem left, why system not seeing the nvidia gpu..
        At bios there is no setting for gpu switching, only the basics..
        Now checking with AMIBCP the current bios for any hints but nothing so far..

P.S At beginning, and before figure out that bios was the problem, i had move resistor R2134(DGPU_PRSNT to GND) to R2126(DGPU_PRSNT to +3VS) to force motherboard start as UMA but after bios reprogram i move it again to default position. I'll disassembly it again to see if resistor is measured ok

Comment

what is the title of the Intel graphics adapter in the device manager?
          I guess the Intel graphics adapter which you see in the device manager may be the Nvidia graphics adapter. this is just a guess and I am not sure.

Comment

you could check the PCI Device ID to see if it is an Intel or Nvidia graphic which is recognized

Comment

Intel HD graphics 3000, VEN_8086 and DEV_0116
              Vendor and device id is correct, Intel 3000

Comment

That board is known for damaged gpu chip issues, check your gpu to see if there are any cracks at the corners of chip, if yes, you need to replace it.
                Sometimes , but very rarely, in case corners has damaged it still works but it may show an exclamation mark on the device manager list, which means gpu still is dead.
                Design flaw of the heatsink is a common issue with pegatron boards, pay extreme care mounting it, follow the numbers written on heatsink and do not tighten screws one at the time, go easy one by one.
                Last edited by tomodachi; 12-15-2018, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks for info tomodachi
                  I dont see any cracks or discoloration under microscope, do you see it often in your lab in that particular mobo?

But i found that this Pegatron motherboard used by Turbox, Casper, Novatech and MSI CX640 laptops. Their onwers had exactly the same problem, no Nvidia device shown at device manager, and the problem was solved after bios update.

Im thinking of unlock all settings in BIOS with AMIBCP editor and play out with settings, i have already check bios files i already tried with MMTool Aptio 4.50.0023 and all of them has inside the VEN_10DE and DEV_0DED(GT520M) OR to leave it as is and use it without Nvidia(i dont play games, so i dont really care).

Comment

u can give it a try with MSI CX 640 bios, I think it can be found at MSI official support

Comment

A15 is widely used in many different OEM laptop manufacturers such as MSI,DNS, Casper and many more I don't know the name of, and yeah I remember back in 2011 MSI CX640 had an issue with external gpu recognition, and I fixed most units with BIOS update.

Comment

Working...
                      X