Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony XBR-70850B Lightning

Originally posted by heffneil View Post
    a couple EOL resistors on my alarm system.
    A central fire alarm panel? That will cause a "signal trouble", if on any NAC.

And the NAC isn't open, they often still work normally, minus a "signal trouble".
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 06-23-2020, 09:00 AM.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
      A central fire alarm panel? That will cause a "signal trouble", if on any NAC.

And the NAC isn't open, they often still work normally, minus a "signal trouble".
      My assumption right now is that its the EOL's that took a little sizzle. The loop is reporting varying resistances. Sometimes its good other times its in trouble. Quite annoying. I had to disconnect it in the meantime until I get out there and replace the EOL resistor.

Comment

Wow! A tcon board under $20 for a 70" 4K Sony tv. That's a pretty good deal! I would be very surprised if that lightning strike passed through the main board and damaged only the tcon.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
          Wow! A tcon board under $20 for a 70" 4K Sony tv. That's a pretty good deal! I would be very surprised if that lightning strike passed through the main board and damaged only the tcon.
          Indeed.

Comment

TV parts has it for $17.

I replaced the main but it isn't working because of the firmware.

One guy I talked to says those cables and tcon go bad all the time from lightning?

BTW I do have surge on the entire house. It doesn't matter.

Comment

Thats why I take the pain to unplug about 5 or 6 power strips every time it storms.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                Thats why I take the pain to unplug about 5 or 6 power strips every time it storms.
                That is literally every afternoon in SWFL.

Comment

Well damn...might as well live in Seattle then.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                    Well damn...might as well live in Seattle then.
                    It is so hot here. We will get 1/2 inch or more of rain in 30 minutes and 40 minutes later the driveway is as dry as a bone.

Comment

hey op....not sure if you got it worked out or not yet. usb 2 is recommended by sony for sw update. also, unzipped file must be on the root of the fat32 usb. best thing ive found is to plug in the usb first, then apply power. it takes up to 2 mins for the flash to start, but you should hear the sound playing at that time as well as the grn/amber flash turns tu pulsing white light. when this happens, wait for 30 mins. if it doesnt start ( hear the sounds playing) afte 2 mins, you can rename the unzipped file to update.pkg (ill have to get the actual rename if needed). same thing though.....usb 2, on root of usb, wait up to 2 mins

Comment

Originally posted by jostewcrew View Post
                        hey op....not sure if you got it worked out or not yet. usb 2 is recommended by sony for sw update. also, unzipped file must be on the root of the fat32 usb. best thing ive found is to plug in the usb first, then apply power. it takes up to 2 mins for the flash to start, but you should hear the sound playing at that time as well as the grn/amber flash turns tu pulsing white light. when this happens, wait for 30 mins. if it doesnt start ( hear the sounds playing) afte 2 mins, you can rename the unzipped file to update.pkg (ill have to get the actual rename if needed). same thing though.....usb 2, on root of usb, wait up to 2 mins
                        Hello - still a problem! I love the recommendations if you could give me the proper file name that would be great!

I've tried all USB ports for hours at a time. I never get any sound.

Comment

Originally posted by heffneil View Post
                          Hello - still a problem! I love the recommendations if you could give me the proper file name that would be great!

I've tried all USB ports for hours at a time. I never get any sound.
                          1.Rename the USB file name from “sony_dtv********.pkg” to “upgrade_loader.pkg”
                          2.TV is unplugged
                          3.Insert USB software “upgrade_loader.pkg”
                          4.Plug in TV AC
                          -USB flashing, downloading software to TV (30 min)
                          If Amber/Green flashing on TV
                          5. Unplug AC and Plug in AC
                          -USB flashing, downloading software to TV (30 min)
                          -USB not flashing, Unplug AC and Plug in AC again

not sure if this will work in this instance, but ive had several units go between the two variants. good luck.
                          Last edited by jostewcrew; 06-23-2020, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Great! Im waiting for the new Tcon. Since I don't get a test pattern I have to assume its dead so I will try once it is here.

Thanks SO much

Comment

Hey guys - got the new tcon. The tv is now flashing blue.

I see white backlighting but no image on the tv at all.

Very disappointed

Comment

Was the replacement mainboard new/used? If used, possibly defective? Have you gotten the firmware update to load?

Comment

I really don't know about the firmware. I tried renaming the file and letting it run last night and let it sit for hours to no noticeable improvement.

I am stuck. The more parts I add the worse it seems.

I am going to test power today I think that HAD to take a hit and its the only board I haven't replaced at this point

The directions I read said if I disconnect the main board from the TCON I should get a test pattern and I still didn't get that with my tcon or the new tcon so its getting worse not better....

Neil

Comment

I just ordered three new boards (power, main and tcon). My wife and I are done with out bedroom being a workshop. Hopefully none of those parts are duds.

Comment

Well guys, three new boards and it still doesn't work. Im baffled. Book says I Should see test pattern but hasn't happened now with three different tcon boards. I get absolutely nothing with this newest mainboard - not even the USB lights up but the digital audio out does light up. Power won't come on and no display. So I might have a WORSE mainboard... Guys I'm about to pitch this thing in the trash- Seems wasteful but I have now tried two mainboards, three tconns and one power board. This power board scares the crap out of me as it clicks at odd times even after being unplugged...

Comment

Working...
                                      X