X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T2 Chip Programmer Tool

Originally posted by lamo View Post
    i replaced about 20 t2's. it's very complicated procedure by itself. too many issues. but it's possible.
    Yeah I know it's complicated. I made many T2 reballs but it was just a reball.
    And now I want to unlock the locked logic board by replacing T2.

So the main question is if it's enough just to replace locked T2 by the unlocked one (and it's SPI) or I have to replace some else ICs (wifi, nand, etc.)?

Comment

I don't think anyone "knows" the answer to your question; you should try it and let us know how it goes!

I think you'd need to change T2/ROM and at least one nand, but not sure which. Not sure if WiFi "needs" to be replaced, but may need to be as well. Short answer, though, is: "nobody knows, or we'd be unlocking boards already".

Comment

Originally posted by LevanGood View Post
        Yeah I know it's complicated. I made many T2 reballs but it was just a reball.
        And now I want to unlock the locked logic board by replacing T2.

So the main question is if it's enough just to replace locked T2 by the unlocked one (and it's SPI) or I have to replace some else ICs (wifi, nand, etc.)?
        only t2 and t2rom. but again, i should warn you: this is too complicated procedure. i've read your question in PM`s, will contact with you soon.

Comment

only t2 and t2rom. but again, i should warn you: this is too complicated procedure. i've read your question in PM`s, will contact with you soon.
          What's complicated about it? Replacing the chips themselves not a problem. What else do you think is involved? If it means unlocking a T2 board, replacing the T2/ROM is not a big task at all lol. I'm sure there's more to getting it to work than simply swapping chips though. Someone would have found that out by now, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ugamazing View Post
            What's complicated about it? Replacing the chips themselves not a problem. What else do you think is involved? If it means unlocking a T2 board, replacing the T2/ROM is not a big task at all lol. I'm sure there's more to getting it to work than simply swapping chips though. Someone would have found that out by now, of course.
            Swapping chips is still a working solution for iPhones. Of course, if we're talking about iPhones it may not worth it, but the solution itself works.

That's why I thought if it works with a macbook.

Comment

Swapping chips is still a working solution for iPhones. Of course, if we're talking about iPhones it may not worth it, but the solution itself works.

That's why I thought if it works with a macbook.
              Might try it today and see. Nothing to lose, market is trash right now, lots of time for research/learning.

Comment

Can confirm this removal process is complicated as hell. Just a heads up to anyone trying it. Very tedious and grueling as T2 chip is bi-layered and bottom portion really tough to get off without first pulling the top-half, but then it's difficult to re-attach top layer. Will have to play around with heat/etc, but it's definitely a challenge.

Comment

Can confirm this removal process is complicated as hell. Just a heads up to anyone trying it. Very tedious and grueling as T2 chip is bi-layered and bottom portion really tough to get off without first pulling the top-half, but then it's difficult to re-attach top layer. Will have to play around with heat/etc, but it's definitely a challenge.
                  exactly. and if you detach it, while desoldering t2, it is nearly impossible to correctly solder it back to lower part.

Comment

Lots of talk about swapping components from unlocked boards, does anyone think a new jailbreak won't be released?

Comment

Originally posted by Terry011 View Post
                      Lots of talk about swapping components from unlocked boards, does anyone think a new jailbreak won't be released?
                      I personally do not think a true (and permanent--without exceptions) software-based bypass/unlock (as everyone thinks of it) will ever be released for the T2 models. That's my opinion.

Comment

I personally do not think a true (and permanent--without exceptions) software-based bypass/unlock (as everyone thinks of it) will ever be released for the T2 models. That's my opinion.
                        Of course, cuz activation lock is initially a hardware problem

Comment

Of course, cuz activation lock is initially a hardware problem
                          Yup. Hardware-only unlock imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry011 View Post
                            as far as i know, it won't. apple fixed the security flaw with usb-c controllers.

Comment

Hey guys!
                              Sorry for my english. I know it's poor cuz I'm from Ukraine))

Look, I've got AppleID locked MB Pro A2141 and I wonder if I can unlock it.
                              As I know Apple blocked jailbreak ability on the last MacOS.
                              I've got another A2141 logic board with issues and it has FMM OFF.

So I wonder if it's possible to replace some IC's from the defective logic board with FMM off to my locked board? Has anybody done this before?
                              Should I replace T2 itself + SPI or should I replace WIFI+NANDs additionaly?

Thanks in advance!
                              Hi! Glory to Ukraine? Did you manage to replace the chipset? I also have 2 2338 boards and I don't know which set to change: WI-FI, NAND, M1, SPI

Comment

according to my investigations, there're no useful information, except machine serial number and board number in t2 rom. t2 rom only need to boot into dfu. also, all known methods of jailbreak won't work, because of usb-c firmware patch in t2 chip. t2 chip also have small rom-memory inside. the only way to remove icloud lock is to modify ECID of t2. this operation isn't possible for current moment.
                                Hi! Glory to Ukraine! If I have two boards 2179 with icloud and water damaget without icloud. replays t2 chip witout ssd and spi can fix activation lock?

Comment

Has your spare board got an older, jailbreak capable bridgeOS?
                                  There's some information in this thread to work out if you have older or newer bridgeOS based on the screenshot of it booting into recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by mich6el View Post
                                    Hi! Glory to Ukraine! If I have two boards 2179 with icloud and water damaget without icloud. replays t2 chip witout ssd and spi can fix activation lock?
                                    Theoretically, but MUCH easier said than done. Go try to pull a T2 and come back here once you've done so lol.

Comment

Glory to Heroes!
                                      yes. it can. but be careful when replacing chips. the procedure is too complicated.

Comment

Hi! Glory to Ukraine? Did you manage to replace the chipset? I also have 2 2338 boards and I don't know which set to change: WI-FI, NAND, M1, SPI
                                        all above mentioned needs to be replaced: cpu, nand, wi-fi, spi(3 rom ic's).

Comment

Hi I was reading this Thread. Then I downloaded T2 Unlock Data Mina 1.4. My Model is MacBook Air A1932, but could not find A1932 T2 Unlock Data. I am getting error:21 - 0x15 (21) in DFU mode when I coonect to my other MacBook. Can I use the closet model or is there a separate Unlock Bin file for A1932 EMC 3184 2018??? Any help would be much appreciated., Thanks
                                          Last edited by mferna14; 06-30-2022, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X